Best Air Purifiers For Car (April 2019): Top 10 Rated Units Help You Drive Around With Purified Inside Air
Driving around the neighborhood or cruising on the freeway would be better if your air inside the car is purified. Sure, there’s the automotive air conditioning but it really doesn’t help a lot in purifying the air within the cabin.
Not all pollen, dirt, allergens and what not are captured by your car’s air conditioning unit. This is why the extra step I’m talking about is crucial especially for those who are suffering from allergies and asthma. It never hurts to add a layer of extra protection, prevention is way better than cure.
Best Air Purifier For Car (April 2019): Top 10 Picks & Reviews
Inside Air VS Outside Air in Cars
Air pollutants in the car’s cabin are a silent problem, not to mention they are invisible to the naked eye. Usually, when you turn on the car’s air conditioning unit, we would think that we are safe since the air outside is caged out.
Though this is true, it does not guarantee that the air within is purified. Please take note that the air conditioning unit built in on most cars, regardless if old or new, just conditions the air temperature and do some basic filtering on pollutants and odor.
The Car is Always Closed, Why Bother?
Yes, it’s true that when not in use, the car is closed and is safe on the driveway or garage. The problem comes when you actually use it. The pollutants, allergens, dander and other stuff you bring with you that’s hanging out on your clothes (for instance) will be circulated in the car.
On top of that, if you have baggage, groceries, and pets, the probability that you are inviting in invisible pollutants in the car is greatly increased. As said earlier, the allergens and other air pollutants won’t be detected or felt unless you get in the car and start circulating the air within.
Avoiding Air Pollutants Inside Cars
As simple as regular cleaning can combat against these invisible air pollutants. If done on a regular basis your car can be pollutant-free, especially for those who do clean ups on a weekly schedule.
For those who are quite busy and have no time to regularly vacuum and wipe off the dust from their car interiors, this could be a problem. This is where investing in an air purifier for cars come in handy. With minimal cleanup, the air inside can still be clean and purified.
How Air Purifiers Help
Basically, there are sets of layers in the air purifier to properly filter out air.
First, there’s the basic physical filter that traps all the bigger air pollutants such as micro dust, fabric, and the likes.
Second would be specialty filters like HEPA and other filter technologies.
On top of those filters, some even have carbon and UV filtering to take care of pollutants that are very small, they also take care of bad odors. Here is more useful information on why you need an air purifier for your car:
TOP 10 RATED AIR PURIFIER FOR CAR REVIEWS
Car Air Purifier, FRiEQ Car Air Freshener and Ionic Air Purifier Review
- Sturdy: The FRiEQ car air purifier has the same looks as other compact models that just attach to the car’s lighter plug. The sturdy metal body is an instant giveaway as others feel a lot like plastic.
- Awesome Indicator: The blue LED light also makes it easy to spot if it's on or not. Most plug-it air purifiers don’t have indicators. The use is also pretty straightforward as you just plug and play and no maintenance of filter is required.
- Odor away: It also is capable of removing bad odors that lurk around your car. This would mean that your pets can ride along with you and still have a fresh smelling interior. On top of that, the air purifier also has an ionizer function.
Overall, this has improved the air quality inside cars we tested on.
Eco Breeze Car Air Purifier Review
- Stylish and Affordable: This is one of the great models for its tier. The stylish metal encasement that houses the air purifier is simply a good way to convince buyers to get it.
- Lighter Power: The device needs to be powered by the car lighter slot as it is with most air purifiers of this type. On some cars it’s convenient, for others it may not be due to the awkward position of the lighter slot.
- Ease of Use: The kit is very easy to use. Just plug it and it will do its job while you’re driving. It’s important to note that you need to turn on the car’s power system to use this one.
This model is also good with unwanted odors and those itchy dust that makes you sneeze. Overall, this is a great air purifier for cars, it’s also cheap.
ProtoAir Car Air Purifier Review
- Positive Effects: The ProtoAir car air purifier is great and can do a lot of actions at the same time to improve air quality. While driving with this one, I can feel the positive effects in the air inside the cabin.
- Multi-Functional: The device can be an ozone generator, ionizer, and air purifier. All at the same time. This means that it’s working pretty hard to remove most of the air contaminants flying around the car cabin.
- Friendly Price: All that feature rolled into one and it does not hurt your pocket. This item is affordable enough to buy a spare in case one has already served its lifetime.
Overall, what I liked about this brand is the way it crams all features but manages to be budget-friendly.
EXTRA-O Car Air Purifier Review
- Not Regular: Seeing it for the first time, the EXTRA-O car air purifier seems to be indifferent from other plug type car air purifiers. The price is also of the same range.
- Fight Odor: This air purifier works by plugging it to a regular lighter socket. Odors are gone in just a few minutes of operation. This works fine especially against pet and smoke odors.The negative oxygen ions are also helpful in eliminating bad odors.
- Robust Build: The device has a metal build and then an opening at the tip where the particles are captured. The device only has an on and off button that simplifies its user interface.
On top of those features, there is a free AC adapter which means it can be used at home too.
Philips GoPure Compact 200 Car Air Purifier Review
A Car Air Freshener With the Right Price - Philips GoPure Compact 200 delivers premium air purification within the reach of your budget. The packaging and performance seem expensive but you can afford to have it.
- Fresh Air, Always: This unit provides automotive Clean Air System via a healthy air indicator. This claims to assure fresh and clean air inside your car’s cabin.3
- 3 Stages of Purification: High air purification power is offered by this compact device for cars. This is due to a three-stage filtering process which claims to get rid of 99% of harmful gases, bacteria, pollen, dust, pet dander, pet hair, and other harmful particles hiding in plain sight.
- HESA: Philip’s HESA technology offers you a much better purification. Nicotine removal is easier with this method. There’s also a sensor for excellent, fair, and poor where you can be alerted on needed actions per indication.
We tested this on older and newer cars and the performance is consistently good. No issues about this car air purifier.
Homdox Car Air Purifier Review
- Great Pick: Homdox practically offers a lot of different products that offer premium quality output. This car air purifier is a great pick for those who can afford to spend a bit more compared to the cheaper models.
- Efficient: The 99.97% cleaning power helps a lot in efficiently cleaning up the car’s interior air. This also helps on allergies and asthma.
- Stylish: The model has its style. The small openings from top to side plus the glossy finish adds up to a wonderfully designed car air purifier.
Overall, this has no issues, and knowing it’s a Homdox, you will be sure you have your money spent wisely.
LINKPAL Car Air Purifier Review
Your Pal in Car Air Purification - This one specializes in eliminating car odors, even that fresh leather smell will be gone. Some people like it the new car smell, but there are also sensitive people who just want to get rid of it as soon as possible.
- Odor Away to the Maximum: This is so far the strongest car air purifier in terms of negative ions produced. We tried this on a brand new car and the fresh plastic and leather scent is just gone after plugging this in for a few minutes while driving.
- Not Like Perfume: Initially we thought that the effect of the odor elimination will just be gone after turning off the car. To our surprise, it reduced the fresh new smell of the car to a noticeable amount. Unlike perfume that just covers up the odor.
- Attractive: As an added bonus, it has this blue LED light that lights up the dark car cabin at night. It adds to the aesthetic of the car’s interior, making it look cool.
No issues so far with this one, just plug it to the cigarette outlet and you’re all set to go.
HAYATA Car Air Purifier Review
- True HEPA: True HEPA plus the charcoal filter will capture 99% of allergens that includes dust mites, pollen, pet dander, smoke, bacteria, and other air contaminants. At least what the box says, and it can be felt when used in cars. Leather smell is also removed, so that makes it an awesome filter slash purifier.
- Bigger Filters: The size of the filter can help a lot on the air purifier’s ability to perform well. This one is no exception. The manufacturers made sure that the performance would be great by tying it up with a bigger filter.
- Kills Bacteria: Added to the air purifier is a built-in ultraviolet lamp that kills germs. Right after the filters, the air will then be exposed to the UV light, instantly killing bacteria in the process.
No problems experiences so far. On top of the features above it also has a ‘smart’ mode that automatically adjusts the fan speed according to the car cabin air quality.
AceFox Car Ionic Air Purifier Review
- Millions That Protect You: This air purifier has ‘Air Vitamins’ called negative ions. In the box it says 4.8 million of them. That’s about the right number of ions that fight for you and your clean air inside the car.
- Blue LED: Another instant takeaway is the blue LED that lights up your car’s night drive. It feels as if you’re in a high class bar with cool blue light accent.
- Friendly to Your Nose: This air purifier also can eliminate smoke, odor, pet dander, mold, and other nasty air pollutants. You can feel it right away after a few minutes of operation.
On top of all that, it requires no maintenance. So if you don’t have time to clean up your car air purifier get one that is maintenance free such as this one.
EASYCARE Car Air Purifier Review
- Bigger Cabin to Purify: The product claims to be also excellent for bigger cars. It shows via its bulkier appearance compared to traditional plug-it models.
- True HEPA for Cars: The true HEPA filter is one of its best features. Without it, an air purifier is just there to pick up dust, nothing more. This one feels cleaner compared to regular cheaper plug type models.
- Design: Besides being bulky, that futuristic design is one instant takeaway. It also adds accent to the car’s interior during night driving.
Because of the added power and style, it costs a bit more than compared to regular air purifiers that are plug it types.