Best Compact Circular Saw (July 2019) – Top 10 Picks & Reviews
Know How to Choose the Best Compact Circular Saw
Do you already have a full-sized circular saw but somehow its weight seems to strain your arms when working for long hours? Well, in that case, you need to start looking for the best compact circular saw which is lighter, powerful and easy to maneuver.
If you don’t have any solid knowledge on how to choose the right tool, it’s a good thing you came to us for we’re going to show you an in-depth guide on the things you need to consider when buying this power tool.
KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR The Best Compact Circular Saw
Here, we’re going to discuss some of the important things you need to look for when choosing for these types of saws with pictures.
1. Circular Saw Blades
The power tool’s saw blade is a determining factor for its performance. Choose and buy a unit whose blade fits the task you mostly do. Below are the common saw blade mostly used by people.
This is a good measure of power. Typically, circular saws have a 2400 watts surge power and an operating wattage of 1200 watts.
3. Power Sources
4. RPM Speed
A typical 7.25” diameter saw tool has an average rpm of 5,800. Most power tools have their blades mounted directly to the motor shaft. In contrast, worm drive circular saws have a general speed of 4000 to 5000 rpm.
5. Blade Capacity
This refers to the maximum cutting depth of the circular saw unit. A wider blade diameter means higher blade capacity. If you want a light and easy to use saw tool, better choose a unit with smaller blade capacity. A blade capacity of 6 inches and above can cut through a 2-inch width wood in a single pass.
6. Electric Brakes
This feature is good for work convenience and safety purposes for it stops blade rotation in a short span of time. It works by reversing electricity flow inside the motor and stops the blade for approximately 2 seconds.
7. Laser Guide
An added feature in order to improve cutting accuracy by following a laser guide directed on the stock.
8. Bevel Stops
Preset divisions of the bevel for easy angle cut adjustments.
9. Bevel Capacity
It tells the maximum slope cut a circular saw tool can achieve.
10. Spindle or Shaft Locks
A safety feature used when changing saw blades. It ensures that the shaft and blade are in a fixed position while removing and installing a new blade.
Top 10 Best Compact Circular Saw reviews
1. SKIL 5280-01 7-1/4-inch Compact Circular Saw with Laser Guide
• Accurate cutting with its single beam laser
• The key tool is slightly hard to find
• Lightweight and easy to maneuver with rubberized grip
• No accidental startup with its guarded trigger
This compact circular saw tool cuts seamlessly through a 4x4 pressure treated lumber. It has a laser guide which works well in helping you get a straight cut. You can change blade easily with this unit because of its shaft lock. Powerful and lightweight tool.
2. DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-inch Compact Circular Saw
• Lightweight and plenty of power
• No rear pivot
• Has electric brakes
• Strong cord to resist damage from pullouts
It’s a really lightweight tool with a good balance. It has an electric brake which stops the blade in seconds. Precise cutting with its laser guide and advanced lower guard for effective bevel cuts. It has a built-in blower to keep a clean cutting area and tough cord system (3x resistance) for pullouts.
3. WORX WORXSAW WX429L 4-1/2” Compact Circular Saw
• 50% lightweight and one-hand operation
• Only good for small to medium works
• Parallel guide attachment for straight precise cuts
• No accidental startups with its safety trigger
It weighs 50% less than usual saw tools but delivers parallel power which cuts a 2x4’ in a single pass. The gauge lever is easy to set to make effective bevel cuts. No accidental startup with its safety trigger. It has a parallel guide attachment to ensure straight, precise cuts.
4. TACKLIFE TCS115A 5.8A Compact Circular Saw
• It has a metal handle for one-hand use
• The shoe seems to look flimsy
• Accurate cutting with its laser guide
• Powerful motor & 6 blades
It has a unique removable metal handle designed for one-hand use. The 5.8A motor can provide 3,500 rpm with a cutting depth of 1-3/8” (45°) and 1-11/16” (90°). No accidental startups with its double button safety switch. It also has a lightweight and strong aluminum blade guard. This tool can accommodate 3 types of blade.
5. PORTABLE-CABLE PCE300 15A Compact Circular Saw
• Powerful motor
• No laser guide
• Durable body made from steel
• Easy blade change with spindle lock
Its powerful 15A motor can deliver 5,500 rpm which is good for various works. It has a steel shoe, metal upper & lower guards for enhanced durability. Allows effective bevel cuts at a maximum of 45° together with its spindle lock and depth adjustments. Nice grip handle and allows you to have clear sight for cutting.
6. DEWALT DCS391B 20V Battery Compact Circular Saw
• Powerful and portable
• Power dependent on battery
• Twice cutting depth at 90° & 45°
• Made from lightweight and durable magnesium metal
This tool is durable from magnesium metal which makes it lightweight. Powerful motor that can deliver 5,250 rpm which can cut 2-1/4” at 90° while 1-5/8” at 45°. It uses a 6.5” carbide saw blade which lasts long. Rubberized grip handles to avoid weary hands.
7. TACKLIFE 12.5A PESO1A Aluminum Guard Compact Circular Saw
• It has 2 saw blade sizes
• Manual is not that friendly
• Powerful and durable motor
• Lightweight & durable blade guard
This tool has a powerful 12.5A motor which can effectively deliver 4,700 rpm. It can do a single pass cutting with a depth of 1-4/5” and 2-1/2” for 45° and 90° respectively. Long power cord (10ft & 3m) for extra portability. It has a lightweight and sturdy aluminum blade guard. Rubberized grip for comfort and laser beam guide for straight precise cutting.
8. DEWALT DCS570B 20V Cordless Compact Circular Saw
• Powerful brushless motor
• Work duration depends on battery
• Wide bevel range and cordless
• Effective cutting
This tool has a brushless motor that provides 5,200 rpm and able to maintain with a load. It can do around 100 crosscuts in a 2x4 pine wood. Comfortable grip handle and effectively cut depth of 2-9/16”. Aside from being cordless, it has a wide bevel range up to 57°.
9. DEWALT DC390B 6-1/2” 18V Cordless Compact Circular Saw
• Wide bevel range
• Limited work duration, dependent on battery life
• Strong motor with fan
• Precise cutting
Its motor has a built-in fan and replaceable brushes for maximum performance. It can provide powerful 3,700 rpm and make 2x cutting depth at 90° & 45° angle. This tool has a strong magnesium shoe and upper guard to resist wear and tear.
10. Milwaukee M18 2630-20 18V Cordless Compact Circular Saw
• Portable and strong motor
• Limited power life
• Rubberized grip for comfort
• Electronic brakes and magnesium guards
This 18V Li-Ion battery-driven tool can deliver 3,500 rpm and cut depth of 1-1/2". It has an electronic brake which stops the blade in seconds. When cutting curves, it has a maximum bevel range of 45°. Its blade guards are made from magnesium, lightweight but strong. Rubberized grip handles to avoid hand fatigue.