What is a pressure washer? How do we use it? What are the options? These are probably the questions that come to your mind when you think about buying a pressure washer. In this article, we will answer all these questions, so just read on and learn.
Best Electric Pressure Washer for Wood Fence
Just like the other appliances in your home, getting a pressure washer is also an investment. You need to get the best ones to get the result that you want. Source for some of the best electric pressure washer for wood fence:
Simpson Cleaning MSH3125-S MegaShot 3200 PSI 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer by Simpson Cleaning
- Heavy cleaning of decks
- Can be used for wood decking, stone walkways, painted steel, painted wood siding, painted steel siding, plastic window trim, and concrete
- Easy to setup and use
- It does not have a tank
- The handle fold for storage
Pressure Joe? SPX3000 by Sun Joe
- Dual Detergent Tanks – it comes with two 0.9 liters, removable tanks which can carry and store different types of detergent, so you can easily switch to different cleaning projects.
- Safety Lock Switch – also called as Total Stop System (TSS) which automatically shuts off the pump when the trigger is not in use. This saves energy and prolongs the pump’s life.
- Accessories – aside from the removable detergent tanks, it also comes with a 20-foot high-pressure hose, 34-inch extension wand, 35-foot power cord with GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupter) protection, needle clean-out tool, garden hose adapter, and 5 replaceable nozzle tips and solid wheels.
AR Blue Clean AR383 Electric Pressure Washer
- Ease of use – it is very light and handy, so it is easy to use for most home cleaning projects.
- Two spray wands – it comes with two high-pressure wands: adjustable spray wands, and turbo wand.
Ivation Electric Pressure Washer 2200 PSI 1.8 GPM with Power Hose
- Ease and speed – the powerful 2200 PSI pressure washes and cleans a wide variety of surfaces.
- Simple operation – you can easily set everything up in 30 seconds.
- Unique four-wheel base – it is designed, so you can easily maneuver over and around most obstacles.
- Onboard detergent tanks – it has an onboard detergent tank, so you can easily apply soap.
Aside from these options, you may want to check the electric pressure washer reviews to make sure that you are getting the right product. They may all seem the same, so it is best to check others opinion before you decide.
Electric Pressure Washer for Wood Fence
An electric pressure is a power pump powered by an electric motor. The electric pressure washer taps the water from the faucet, and then the pump accelerates the water to high pressure and squirts it from the hose through a trigger gun at speed. Various attachments can fit the end of the hose depending on what you will clean.
One of the best uses of an electric pressure washer is cleaning up a wood fence. Having fences is a good addition to our homes. They keep pets and kids inside and provide privacy from your neighbors. But just like any part of our homes, our fences need to be cleaned as well, especially after being exposed to dirt, dust, and all kinds of external elements. Regular fence cleaning will make your fence sturdy and keep it free from molds and algae. Cleaning your fence will also help you to not only save time and money but also save the environment as you won’t have to use up more trees for replacement. Well, with an electric pressure washer for wood fence, it is now easier to remove all that dirt and bring back its shine.
Tips on Using the Pressure Washer on Wood Fence
It’s important to know how to use pressure washer properly, especially on a wood fence. Wood can easily be damaged if you don’t know how to properly use a pressure washer on it, especially if yours is an old wood fence.
- Know the kind of wood that you are cleaning. Different kinds of wood are pressure washed and cleaned differently.
- If molds have already developed on the fence, add a little bleach to it.
- Choose the right tip size. The wider the tip is, the lower the pressure. The 40-degree tip is the safest for wood fences. You can use a lower tip, but don’t go lower than a 25-degree tip, or you will risk cutting some marks on your fence.
- Use a pressure that will not go higher than 1800 PSI. Higher pressure can cause a splinter or even split the wood.
- Test the pressure washer on a small portion of the fence first to make sure that it is set to the correct PSI.
- Make sure to hold the sprayer three to four feet away from the wood fence. Swing the nozzle slowly back and forth.
- Rinse off any cleaning residue with clean water.
Any of these electronic pressure washers can be used on different cleaning projects. It may be overwhelming for you to choose the right pressure washer that will be suitable for your needs, but in the end, what’s important is that you are comfortable to use it and it is within your budget.