People are now in search for the best ozone air purifier because let’s face it – our surroundings are getting more polluted every day.
As their names suggest, an ozone air purifier is a machine that uses ozone in cleaning, purifying, and freshening the air.
TOP 10 BEST OZONE AIR PURIFIER REVIEWS (FEB 2020)
What is Ozone Air Purifier?
To better understand what an ozone purifier is, you first need to know what ozone is. Well, ozone is a type of gas that’s very similar to oxygen. While the oxygen in the air we breathe is comprised of 2 oxygen atoms (its molecular formula is O2), ozone is made up of 3 oxygen atoms (its molecular formula is O3).
To compare oxygen and ozone more, know that oxygen can be described as:
Ozone, on the other hand, have the following attributes:
- Light blue in color (in its gas form)
- Sharp, pungent smell
- Salty, metallic (unpleasant) taste
Also, while oxygen is a healthy form of gas, ozone is a type of toxic gas.
When O3 is used in an ozone air purifier, the device is made to produce ozone to clean and purify the air from contaminants and pollutants. And yes, this gas is really effective in destroying all forms of allergens in the air as well as disease-causing germs. The final outcome, therefore, will be clean and fresh-smelling air.
How Ozone Air Purifiers Work
By releasing ozone into the air, your home and office atmosphere will be cleared of germs, pollutants, and odors (in general, ozone attacks indoor air pollution). Since ozone is a toxic gas, however, people should not be exposed to concentrations that are more than the designated standard issued by public health agencies.
Note that low or weak concentrations of ozone are not that effective in disinfecting and deodorizing indoor air. Therefore, it is almost useless to use ozone treatment for air pollution if it’s not at full strength.
According to the health standard issued by the FDA, ozone emissions from machines and people exposure from such devices should adhere to the following guideline:
Ozone concentration should only be around 0.05ppm up to a maximum of .10ppm over a maximum of 8 hours of exposure.
In ozone air purifiers, manufacturers always recommend leaving the room when the ozone generator is being used to treat indoor pollution. The area being treated should be totally unoccupied by both people and animals (all types of pet animals – dogs, cats, birds, fish, etc.) as this is not a safe type of air purifier for pets.
Ozone treatment time usually lasts for 2 hours (depending on the size of a particular room and degree of pollution). It is also recommended that the treated room be aired out first (for about an hour) before entering and occupying it again.
So, as you can already tell, ozone exposure should really be taken seriously. It’s a good thing that this gas has a very bad odor that’s hard to tolerate – as this will serve as a warning to people.
Related - The best air purifier of 2020
Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator Air Purifier Review
This Enerzen Ozone Generator Air Purifier is a stand-alone ozone air purifier for commercial use, but you can also use it at home as a whole house air purifier. If you want it, it’s available in the color black.
- Ozone Generator – It releases ozone at 4,000mg/ hr.
- Ozone Timer – It comes with a 2-hour maximum timer for ozone production.
- Fan System – It has a powerful fan for optimum air circulation.
- Construction – It’s solidly built for commercial use.
This is a good option if you’re looking for a commercial-grade ozone generator. It can cover a wide area efficiently and it’s very effective in odor and germ control. If you have a large home, you can also use it as a whole house ozone air purifier.
Breathe Fresh 5-in-1 Air Purifier Review
The Breathe Fresh 5-in-1 Air Purifier is another model of ozone air purifier for home use. Right now, this unit is only available in one color – black.
- Ozone Generator – The built-in 5-speed ozone generator can produce ozone at 180mg/ hr.
- UV Sterilizer – The UV light feature can purify the air from bacteria, viruses, and other types of disease-causing germs.
- Carbon Filter – It comes with a washable and reusable carbon filter. This feature is effective in filtering the air from odor and odor-causing particles.
- Ionizer – It has a built-in ionizer that releases negative ions into the air.
You can consider this model as one of your choices when looking out to buy an ozone air purifier for your home. It’s very effective in cleaning the air from smoke, smoke odor and other types of smells.
Best Choice Products SKY1057 Ionic Air Purifier and Ozone Ionizer Review
The Best Choice Products SKY1057 Ionic Air Purifier and Ozone Ionizer can be one of your options when choosing a unit to clean the air in your immediate environment. You can get it in the color red.
- Ozone Generator – It can produce ozone at 360mg/ hr.
- Ionizer – It comes with a built-in ionizer for long term purification of air.
- Construction – It’s designed in a wood cabinet style that’s supported by stainless steel materials.
- Area Coverage – 3,500 square feet.
If you’re looking for a simple ozone generator, this can be one of your options. Since it comes with an ionizer, you also get the benefit of having a 24-hour air purifier since negative ions are good for your health.
Ozone Power OP5000 Commercial Air Ozone Generator Review
The Ozone Power OP5000 is another commercial-grade model of ozone air purifier. It can be used in commercial as well as home settings. As of this writing, it’s only available in 1 color – gray.
- Ozone Generator – It releases ozone at 5,000mg/ hr.
- Ozone Timer – It has a 2-hour timer.
- Always On Timer – You have the option of bypassing the 2-hour timer to make it run continuously.
- Area Coverage – 5,000 square feet.
This is a commercial model of ozone generator – that’s why it’s very powerful. If you want, you can also use it as a whole house air purifier at home (just don’t forget about the health issues and safety measures involved in using an ozone generator).
Breathe Fresh Air Ozone and Ionizer Air Purifier Review
The Breathe Fresh Air Ozone and Ionizer Air Purifier? are made for home use. You can get it in the color red.
- Ozone Generator – It comes with 2 ozone plates that can produce ozone at the total of 360mg/ hr.
- HEPA Filter – It has a HEPA air purifier that’s washable and reusable.
- UV Sterilizer – This feature is effective in killing airborne germs and microbes.
- Ionizer – The release of negative ions in the air will help in cleaning the air from contaminants and pollutants.
This is a powerful model of ozone air purifier for home use. If you find the smell of ozone too strong even on low setting, know that you have the option of removing one of the ozone plates so that only one is left functioning when the ozone feature is turned on. You can then reserve the extra ozone plate for future use.
Ozone Generator Air Purifier Review
This is a mini ozone generator that’s also a plug-in model. It’s for home use – and it’s particularly suited for small rooms. Right now, it’s only available in 1 color – white.
- Ozone Generator – It can produce ozone at 50mg/ hr.
- Ozone Timer – It comes with a built-in timer for a maximum of 30 minutes.
- Operation – It’s designed to be directly plugged in into an electrical outlet.
- Control System – Turn the knob to customize the ozone purification level.
I like this model of ozone air purifier for bedroom use – it’s simple, effective, and easy to use. Just don’t expect it to purify the air from pollutants like pet hair and large particles of dust.
Green Air Purifiers Ozone Air Purifier Review
The Green Air Purifiers Ozone air purifier is a stand-alone type of air purifier for home use. If you want to get it, know that it’s available in red color.
- Ozone Output – With a single ozone plate, it can produce 360mg/ hr. of ozone. The ozone feature has its own control and can be turned on and off as needed.
- Ionizer – It comes with an ionizer feature that enables the release of negative ions in the environment. This works in cleaning and purifying the air from indoor pollution.
- Carbon Filter – A washable and reusable carbon filter adds to the air purification process by cleaning the air from pollutants at the molecular level (it’s very effective for odor control).
- UVC-Light – Airborne contaminants and disease-causing germs will be killed when exposed to this light.
I like this ozone air purifier a lot because it’s comprised of many filtering and air purifying systems. While the ozone generator is great for immediate shock treatment, the other air purifying features can be left continuously running to keep your home environment clean and fresh-smelling all the time.
Ivation Ozone Air Purifier, Ionizer & Deodorizer Review
The Ivation Ozone Air Purifier stand-alone model is another good option when looking for an air purifier for home use. You can get it in cherry wood red color.
- Ozone Generator – It releases ozone at 360mg/ hr.
- Ionizer – It comes with an ionizer feature for releasing negative ions into the air.
- Construction – It’s built with stainless steel materials.
- Operation – It should be positioned about 4 feet above the ground for proper air circulation.
Since air purifier has a very low output of ozone, it’s safe to use at home. Still, it’s recommended to leave the room when the ozone generator is on (especially when it’s on a high setting).
Fresh Air Commercial Air Purifier Ozone Generator Review
For a good option on a commercial-grade ozone air purifier, you can consider the Fresh Air Commercial Air Purifier Ozone Generator. It can also be one of your options when looking for a whole house air purifier. As of this writing, this unit is only available in one color – white.
- Ozone Generator – It has 3 ozone plates and the unit can produce ozone at 4,000mg/ hr.
- Ozone Timer – It comes with a 2-hour timer.
- UV Sterilizer – Its built-in UV light can effectively purify the air from germs and odor-causing elements.
- Construction – It’s encased in a stainless steel housing.
OZ100 Ozone Generator Car Air Purifier and FreshenerReview
The OZ100 Ozone Generator is a car air purifier that uses the power of ozone and negative ions in purifying the air in a contained environment. If you want it, know that it’s only available in white color.
- Ozone Generator – It produces less than 0.05ppm of ozone over 8 hours.
- Ionizer – It releases negative ions for cleaning and purifying the air from allergens, germs, and odor.
- Design – The unit is designed to be small and compact.
- Operation – Just plug it into your vehicle’s 12-volt cigarette lighter and it will immediately start working. To turn it off, just unplug it.
If you’re looking for an ozone air purifier for your vehicle, this is a very good choice. It’s an ozone generator and ionizer in one, and it can keep your indoor environment (in your car) germ-free and odor-free as well.
Where to buy ozone air purifier?
These products are widely available online – and Amazon sells them at very reasonable prices. Click here for more options on ozone air purifiers from said Company.
For this final recap, let me just remind you that the issue of ozone exposure is still under debate to this day. And so, while there are safety standards provided for its use, you should still exercise caution when operating an ozone machine in your home, office, or vehicle.I still recommend vacating a room if you’re going to turn on an ozone generator – no matter how low the setting is.
As the saying goes, “it’s better to be safe than sorry.”If you have other views and opinions regarding the use of an ozone generator, you can leave a comment below (I would really love to hear from you). You can also share this post with your friends who are also looking for the best ozone air purifier for their particular needs.