GermGuardian Air Purifier Reviews (April 2019): Tips on How to Choose the Best Air Purifier
Guardian Technologies, the maker of GermGuardian air purifiers and other small appliances, is a well-known Company. For this particular post, I will provide you with GermGuardian air purifier reviews in order to help you out in picking the best air purifier for your needs.
To put it simply, GermGuardian air purifiers are used to combat air pollution. Well, that’s really the main purpose of all air purifiers – but a lot of people simply trust GermGuardian.
Although there are a lots of air purifiers on the market, I understand why you trust GermGuardian, too – and that’s why you’re looking into buying their products. It’s a reputable Company – and their brand name on an air purifier means that you’re getting a good product.
GermGuardian Air Purifier (April 2019): Top 10 Picks & Reviews
5 Types of GermGuardian Air Purifiers
GermGuardian air purifiers come in different forms (shapes and sizes, so to speak). Before going any further, I want you to understand that there are different models of GermGuardian air purifiers to choose from.
GermGuardian is very popular for their tower air purifiers. These come in slim designs – making them portable and space-savers as well.
Because of its versatility, a tower air purifier can be placed in high traffic areas (like the living room) and also in small areas (like the bedroom).
You even have the option of transferring a unit from one room to another, if you so desire.
Compact air purifiers refer to any type of device that’s small and portable.
GermGuardian products that fall into this category include all types of units that are lightweight, easy to accommodate, and have small footprints.
There are only a few GermGuardian stand-alone models, but they’re also worth looking into.
Aside from being powerful and effective in combating air pollution, most of these models are also lightweight and portable.
They may be a little bulky, yes – but they’re still designed to be movable.
GermGuardian’s desktop and tabletop models are intended for use in home offices and work areas.
These models are not that powerful to clean large rooms and large areas, as they’re intended to have limited capacities.
These units are still versatile, however, and can be used in purifying the air in small rooms. They can also be used as bedside air purifiers.
GermGuardian’s pluggable mini air purifier models are exactly that – they are directly plugged into a wall outlet to operate.
These are very small air purifying devices (only a few inches tall) and they come with very limited features. These models are practical as permanent-stays in small rooms, pet areas, and other corners of the house.
Features to Look for in a GermGuardian Air Purifier
Now that you understand the different models and sizes of GermGuardian air purifiers, it’s time to narrow down your choices by focusing on the features that are important to you. Listed below are some of the things that are important in an air purifier (in my opinion) – I encourage you to consider these items when making your final choice in a GermGuardian air purifier.
- HEPA Filter – Most GermGuardian air purifiers use True HEPA – which is the best type of HEPA filter. If you want a unit that’s 99.97% effective in trapping up to 0.3 micron sized particles, make sure that the model you choose is equipped with a True HEPA filter.
- Activated Charcoal Carbon Filter – GermGuardian usually includes an activated carbon filter in their HEPA filtering system. Having a carbon filter as a pre-filter to the HEPA system will prolong its life as particles are first captured in the pre-filter.
- UV Light Technology – GermGuardian is also known to highly make use of UV-C light in their air purification systems. Just so you know, this technology has long been used in the hospital for sanitation purposes (it’s very effective in killing airborne microbes).
- Ionizer – GermGuardian seldom uses an ionizer feature in their air purifiers. Personally, I consider an ionizer to be a really nice feature because filling the air with negative ions makes it cleaner and healthier to breathe. If you’re like me (and also consider an ionizer to be an added bonus in an air purifier) – choose a model that carries this feature.
- Pet Pure Technology – A lot of GermGuardian air purifiers are especially made for pet owners. When you see that a model is carrying a Pet Pure Technology, it simply means that the HEPA filter that’s used in the unit is treated with a special anti-microbial agent.
TOP 12 RATED GERMGUARDIAN AIR PURIFIER REVIEWS
GermGuardian 3 in 1 AC4825 Air Purifier Review
- True HEPA Filter – This model uses the best type of HEPA filter there is, and it’s proven 99.97% effective in filtering air from microscopic particles (up to 0.3 microns).
- Charcoal Filter – It’s equipped with a carbon filter for absorbing odors in the surroundings.
- UV-C Light – This light emits radiation that can kill airborne germs, bacteria, and viruses.
- Speed – It comes with a 3-speed control for cleaning the air from pollutants.
This model is a great choice for people with allergies and asthma. If you have pets, this can also be one of your options since it comes with very effective odor and germ control.
GermGuardian AC5000E 3-in-1 Air Purifier Review
- True HEPA Filter – It uses a type of filter that’s 99.97% effective in capturing allergens like pollen and pet dander in the air. It’s also the most effective filter for trapping small particles of dust.
- Activated Charcoal Carbon Filter – This serves as pre-filter and odor absorber.
- UV-C Light – The UV light feature has its own on/ off control. You can turn it on if you want to kill airborne microbes in your immediate surroundings.
- Speed – It has 3 speeds corresponding to 3 levels of air purification.
With its multiple levels of air purification, you are guaranteed clean, fresh air when this unit is kept on. If you’re looking for an air purifier for home use, consider this model.
GermGuardian AC5250PT 3-in-1 Air Purifier Review
- True HEPA and Pet Pure Treatment – It comes with a True HEPA filter that’s treated with anti-microbial agents. Germs and bacteria from your pets can be effectively filtered and destroyed when trapped in the HEPA purifying system.
- Charcoal Pre-Filter – It comes with a filter that’s very effective in absorbing odor and odor-causing germs.
- UV-C Light – This feature works as an air purifier for mold. You can turn this feature on and off as needed.
- Speed – It has 5 speeds to choose from when purifying the environment from air pollution.
The GermGuardian AC5250PT is a great purifier for pet owners and allergy suffers because it comes with a True HEPA filter that’s also treated with anti-microbial agents. So, if you’re specifically looking for an air purifier for pets, this is one of your best options.
Germ Guardian AC4100 3-in-1 Air Purifier Review
For a desktop or tabletop model of air purifier, the Germ Guardian AC4100 3-in-1 Air Purifier can be one of your best options. Should you decide to get it, know that it’s only available in gray color.
- HEPA Filter – It comes with a HEPA-type filter that’s 99% effective in filtering the air from .7 micron sized particles.
- Charcoal Carbon Filter – This serves as the unit’s odor control system.UV-C Light – You can use this to sanitize a room from disease-causing microbes.
- It comes with its own on/off control.
- Speed – It has 3 speeds to control the unit’s air purification system.
You can consider this model as one of your options when particularly looking for a tabletop or desktop air purifier. Although it has limited coverage, it’s very effective in dust and odor control since it uses a HEPA air purifier.
GermGuardian AC5350B Elite 4-in-1 Air Purifier Review
- True HEPA Filter – This filter is 99.97% effective in filtering air pollution (dust, pollen and pet dander can all be captured by the filter).
- Activated Carbon Filter – This works as the odor control system and pre-filter to the HEPA filter.
- UV-C Light with Photo Catalyst Technology – This combination feature works well in killing molds, mold spores, and microbes in the air.
- Speed – It comes with 5 speeds. The lowest speed (or sleep mode) is very quiet while the highest speed (or turbo mode) is very powerful.
With its multiple levels of air purification systems, you can consider the GermGuardian 4 in 1 Elite as this is an all-around air purifier. It can effectively rid the air of dust, pollen, pet hair, pet dander, germs, mold, mildew, odor, and more.
GermGuardian AC4900CA 3-in-1 Air Purifier Review
- True HEPA – Its main filter system is capable of filtering the air from very small particles of pollutants and contaminants (up to 0.3 microns).
- Activated Charcoal Filter – A carbon filter works as a pre-filter to the main (HEPA) filter to prolong its life. Having charcoal elements also makes it effective in absorbing unpleasant odors in the air.
- UV-C Light – A UV light feature with its own control system is incorporated in the device. You can turn it on when you want to kill airborne bacteria and viruses in your immediate environment.
Since this model uses True HEPA filter and also comes with other air purifying systems, it’s very useful for allergy sufferers. People with no ailments will also benefit from it as they will not be exposed to polluted air.
GermGuardian AC4150BLCA Night-Night 4-in-1 Air Purifier Review
If you’re searching for a good tabletop model of air purifier for the kids’ room, consider the GermGuardian AC4150BLCA Night-Night 4-in-1 Air Purifier as one of your options. This model is available in two colors – blue and pink.
- HEPA Filter – It uses an HEPA-type filter that’s 99% effective in filtering microscopic elements from the air.
- Charcoal Filter – This model uses a pre-filter made of carbon for effective odor control. It not only traps odor molecules but germ-causing elements as well.
- UV-C Light – Using UV light destroys bacteria and viruses that are present in the air. This feature has its own on/ off control.
- Night Light – This air purifier also works as a night light with the projector. You have the option of choosing from 3 themes – such as moon and stars, safari, and under the sea.
This is a great air purifier for your kids’ room as it comes with nightlight and projector themes. It works well in purifying the air in a small room while also providing a sleepy ambiance at night.
GermGuardian AC9200WCA Air Purifier Review
- True HEPA – This unit can filter 99.97% of microscopic particles in the air (0.3 microns).
- Carbon Filter – It comes with a filter that effectively absorbs pet odors, smoke, food odors, and VOCs.
- UV Light – Its UV light feature is used as air sanitizer (against germs, bacteria, viruses, etc.).
- Ionizer – It has a built-in ionizer with its own on/off control.
This stand-alone model is a powerful air purifier that can be used in large rooms. It’s the only unit in this list that has an ionizer feature.
GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA Elite 3-in-1 Air Purifier Review
- True HEPA Filter with Pet Pure Technology – It uses a filter system that’s 99.97% proven effective in filtering the air from microscopic pollutants. The Pet Pure Technology involves the use of anti-microbial agents for entrapped disease-causing particles.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This works in absorbing unpleasant odors from the air as well as odor-causing germs.
- UV-C Light – Its UV light feature comes with its own on/ off control.
- Speed – It has 3 speed settings for cleaning the air.
GermGuardian AC5300B Elite 3-in-1 Air Purifier Review
- True HEPA Filter – It uses a very good filter for dust, pet dander, pollen, and other types of allergens and pollutants in the air.
- Carbon Filter – It has a carbon pre-filter for odor control. As a pre-filter, it also helps in prolonging the life of the main (HEPA) filter.
- UV-C Light – Germs and other types of microbes are killed when exposed to the radiation of this light. It can also kill mold and control the spread of mold spores.
- Speed – It has 3 speed settings of air purification.
This model makes for a good option when shopping out for an air filter that’s effective in controlling dust, odor, and germs in the air. Although it’s not that powerful as an air purifier for the whole house, it’s suitable for use in large areas (or rooms).
GermGuardian CDAP4500BCA WiFi Smart 4-in-1 Air Purifier Review
- WiFi Enabled – By using an app, you can monitor the air quality in your home and control the air purifier from wherever you are.
- True HEPA Filter – This unit is 99.97% effective in cleaning air pollution in your environment.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This model works as a deodorizer as it’s capable of absorbing odor and odor-causing germs. It’s also the best air purifier for a smoke.
- UV-C Light – UV light is very effective in killing germs, viruses, and bacteria that are floating in the air.
This is one of the most advanced air purifiers today – it uses Bluetooth technology and WiFi connection. If controlling your air purifier from anywhere is important to you, this makes for a very good choice.
GermGuardian AC5000 Air Purifier Review
- True HEPA – Using the best HEPA filter, the air purifiers included in the package are capable of filtering the air from very small (microscopic) elements. It’s 99.97% effective in doing so, and will only leave a small percentage of unfiltered air in the environment.
- Charcoal Carbon Filter – This filter’s odor absorbing quality is very effective in absorbing smoke, pet odors, kitchen smells, etc.
- UV-C Light – With this feature, bacteria, viruses, mold and mildew can be killed and destroyed.
- Speed – It has 3 speeds for its 3 air cleaning settings.
When you get the Germ Guardian AC5000 package, you will immediately have 2 tower type air purifiers. You can then use them in different areas in your home or office.
Why Should You Buy a GermGuardian Air Purifier?
I’m sure you already trust the Guardian Technologies Company – that’s why you are considering their products (especially their air purifiers). Sure, GermGuardian is not the only reputable air purifier brand right now, but it’s really one of the best choices around. You can also consider the following reasons:
- GermGuardian air purifiers are reasonably priced.You have a lot of options in design, size, price, etc.
- GermGuardian air purifiers are effective in cleaning the air from impurities and pollution.
- Having GermGuardian air purifiers in your home will give you peace of mind as you will be confident that your family is breathing in clean air.
- GermGuardian air purifiers that are especially effective in purifying the air from dust (especially the HEPA types) will reduce your house cleaning time.
Which are GermGuardian Air Purifiers Suitable to Your Needs?
Well, I don’t need to convince you that GermGuardian air purifiers are really good because most (if not all) of their models are very effective in cleaning the air from pollutants and contaminants. Let me just share with you my favorite models in the Top 12 list.
For an all-around air purifier, I would suggest going for the tower types. Aside from having slim designs and being portable, these models are also very powerful. I would say that it’s a toss between the GermGuardian AC5350B and the GermGuardian AC4825.The GermGuardian AC5350B uses a True HEPA filter, a carbon filter, and a UV light technology. It also comes with 5 speeds and is ideal for use in medium to large rooms.
For a less powerful model, you can choose the GermGuardian AC4825 (which is GermGuardian’s bestselling model). It mostly works like the AC5350B model, but it only has 3 speeds. Since this unit is less powerful than the GermGuardian AC5350B, it is only suitable for use in small to medium sized rooms.
For a stand-alone model (which is also good for all-around use), I would suggest going for the GermGuardian AC9200WCA Air Purifier. Note that it’s the only stand-alone model in the Top 12 list (GermGuardian seldom makes stand-alone types) and it’s the only one with an ionizer feature as well. Therefore, it carries all of the best air purifying methods in the industry.For a tabletop air purifier, you can check out the GermGuardian AC4100. This compact unit is equipped with HEPA filter, activated carbon filter, and UV light technology. With its 3 speeds, it’s powerful enough to purify the air in small to medium-sized rooms.
There’s also a GermGuardian air purifier that’s especially made for your kids’ room. If you’re looking for a bedside air purifier that also serves as a nightlight, this model makes for a perfect choice. It even comes with a projector with 3 children’s themes. As for its air purifying system, it uses HEPA filter, charcoal filter, and UV light technology. It only has 3 speeds – and its limited power only makes it suitable for use in small rooms.
Now, if you want the luxury of controlling your air purifier from wherever you are, you can get the GermGuardian CDAP4500BCA WiFi-enabled air purifier. It uses True HEPA filter, carbon filter, and UV light technology. This model is quite powerful with 5 fan speeds and it can be used in small to medium sized rooms.
Needless to say, all GermGuardian air purifiers are reasonably priced and worth every penny. It’s only understandable that models with more features are priced higher than low-powered units – so, it’s really up to you to choose.As for their performance, you will notice that all models basically perform really well (depending on their total capacity, features, and design). Even their flaws are quite the same – the units are basically quiet, but are loud on high (this is quite normal in almost all air purifiers). Note, too, that desktop models are usually noisy (even on low).
Since GermGuardian typically use True HEPA or HEPA type filters, prepare yourself to replace these filters regularly (HEPA filters can last anywhere from 1 to 5 years). The carbon filters are replaced more frequently (about every 3 months or so). In my opinion, spending on filters is still worth it because they perform so much better than the permanent, washable types.
Well, I hope you have learned everything you need to know about this one brand of air purifiers. The section on GermGuardian air purifier reviews is particularly intended to help you choose which models are most useful for you.
Do let me know your thoughts by leaving a comment below. And don’t forget to share this article with your friends who are also anxious to find out more about GermGuardian air purifiers.