Combining their 19th-century innovation with the 21st-century technology, the Company is now manufacturing several types of home appliances and accessories such as air purifiers, humidifiers, bulbs, and more.
This particular post will cover Hunter air purifier reviews to help you choose the right product for you. Hunter started their line of air purifiers back in 1993, and they have several models to choose from today.
Hunter Air Purifier (January 2020): Top 5 Picks & Reviews
HEPA Air Purifier
Hunter uses 2 types of HEPA filters as their main filtering system.
True HEPA Filter – This filter is capable of trapping pollutants and contaminants in the air with up to 99.97% rate efficiency. This type of filter is disposable and needs to be replaced when it gets dirty and worn out.
HEPAtech Filter – Some models of Hunter air purifiers come with permanent, cleanable HEPA filters. This type of HEPA filter is 99.9% efficient in filtering the air from pollution. You only need to replace this type of filter if it gets broken.
UVC Germicidal Technology (UVGI)
With this type of air filtering system, germs are killed when exposed to the UV light’s radiation.
This type of filter can purify the air from chemicals, fumes, and odors.
With this feature, negative ions are produced and released into the air for purification and cleaning processes.
A Carbon filter is very effective in odor control.
When an air purifier has this feature, toxic gases like ozone are filtered and converted into healthy, breathable oxygen.
Air Purifier for Dust
Dust can be composed of many things:
- From the dirt and soil that’s brought in from the outside
- From lint expelled by furnishings
- From dead skin cells from our own bodies
While a good vacuum cleaner is effective in removing dust from our indoor environment, the really small particles can escape and remain in the air. Now, this presents a problem as microscopic dust particles can be inhaled and cause damage to the lungs.
An air purifier that’s effective in filtering the air from dust is therefore very useful. Aside from having to clean less, this will also benefit your health.
Below are some tips on how to reduce the amount of dust in your immediate environment.
- When it’s windy and dusty outside, keep your windows closed most of the time.
- Leave your shoes outside or have a designated area for outdoor shoes and accessories.
- Clean regularly to avoid accumulation of dust.
- Avoid carpets and similar furnishings as these are dust collectors.
- Pay attention to personal hygiene.
Air Purifier for Allergies and Asthma
While different people have different allergies (caused by different types of allergens). The triggering elements can all be found in the air – as allergens are airborne. Whether you’re allergic to dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores or whatever, getting an air purifier will help as these allergens can be filtered from the air so that the air will become allergen-free.
To limit allergy attacks, take note of the points listed below:
- Avoid exposure to the things that you’re allergic to.
- If you’re allergic to pollen, close your windows during the spring and summer months.
- If you’re allergic to pet dander, make sure that your pets are always clean and well-groomed. Regular cleaning is also advised.
- Refrain from using carpets, curtains, and similar furnishings as they can collect allergens.
Air Purifier for Pets
A lot of people have pets – and dogs and cats are among the favorite animals that people like to keep as companions. While these animals are undeniably lovable, their hair can get all over the place (especially on the furniture and floor). And not only that – they also shed microscopic flakes of skin called pet dander – which can be very irritating to the respiratory system when inhaled.
Pet hair and pet dander can indeed cause a lot of health problems like allergies and asthma attacks. Let’s face it – a lot of animal pets stink. That’s why pet areas (pet cages, litter boxes, etc.) are always smelly. And again, pet odors are very unpleasant and we don’t want them.
Fortunately, a good air purifier can solve all types of air pollution problems caused by our lovely pets.
Below are some of the things that you can do to minimize your pet problems on air pollution:
- Limit access areas for your pets (or have a pet area).
- If your pets are allowed on your furniture, make sure that you vacuum often.
- Regular pet grooming is advisable.Clean your indoor areas as often as possible.
Air Purifier for Smoke
Smoke is dangerous to a person’s health – be it cigarette smoke or cooking smoke or whatever. Smoke particles can be inhaled – and again, this can cause damage to our lungs.Needless to say, long exposure to smoke is also very irritating.
In fact, exposure to smoke can even cause asthma attacks in some people. And we all know that second-hand smoke is very dangerous (if the smoke is from cigarettes) as this has been known to cause deadly diseases like emphysema and cancer.
Again, an air purifier can help filter smoke from the environment. You see, smoke is made up of small, light particles that can be easily sucked in by an air purifier. The smoke particles can then be trapped inside the filter so that these are not released back into the air.
To minimize air pollution indoors that are caused by smoke, do the following:
- Avoid smoking indoors.Install exhaust fans.
- Open windows a few hours each day for proper ventilation.
Air Purifier for Mold
Mold problems can’t be easily solved by air purifiers – you really need to get rid of mold by destroying it and killing it. Since molds are too heavy to be sucked into an air filter, it should be killed right there where they have grown. (Note that the UV light feature in some models of air purifiers work in killing molds, but long exposure to the light’s radiation is needed).
Still, you need an air purifier for mold control. Molds reproduce by releasing mold spores – and these are released into the air (mold spores can also cause allergies). Since mold spores are light, they can be picked up by air purifiers and filtered from the air. This will prevent further proliferation of molds in your indoor environment.
Molds should not be allowed to develop as they could cause serious health problems and building construction problems as well. So, keep the following in mind:
- Remove and clean molds as soon as you discover them.
- Clean and disinfect your indoor surroundings regularly.
TOP RATED HUNTER AIR PURIFIER REVIEWS
Hunter 30840 4-in-1 Air Purifier Review
- HEPAtech Filter – This model uses a HEPA type filter that’s cleanable and reusable. It’s 99.9% efficient in cleaning the air from pollution.
- UVC Lamp – It includes a UV light with on/ off control. Germs and viruses are killed when exposed to UVC light.
- Pre-Filter – A washable carbon filter is included in the unit’s design.
- Photocatalytic Oxidizer and Oxygenating Catalyst – This combination of filters is effective in clearing the air of odors and toxic fumes.
- Fan Speeds – It has 3 speeds for controlling the air purification process.
- Area Coverage – This model can handle air purification in 124-square foot rooms.
This model will prove to be useful to people who are suffering from asthma and allergies. It’s also good for pet owners since it comes with a multi-level air purification system.
Hunter 20310B Cube Tabletop Air Purifier Review
For a desktop air purifier tabletop model, consider the Hunter 20310B Cube tabletop air purifier. As of this writing, it’s available in black and silver color (combination).
- True HEPA – This air purifier uses True HEPA as its main filtering system.
- EcoSilver Filter – It includes an anti-microbial filtration technology.
- Control – It uses buttons in its control panel.
- Fan Speeds – It has 2 speeds (low and high).
- Area Coverage – This model will work great in 135-square foot rooms (small to medium sized rooms).
This tabletop air purifier is not that powerful, so it’s only suitable for use in small to medium sized rooms. Still, you will benefit from it if you want to breathe clean air in your personal space.
Hunter 408841 Tower Air Purifier Review
- True HEPA Filter – It uses a type of filter that’s 99.97% efficient in trapping very small particles of air pollution (including fine dust, pet dander, smoke particles, mold spores, pollen, etc.).
- EcoSilver Pre-Filter – This pre-filter works in absorbing odor as well as microscopic germs.
- UVC Lamp – This feature uses germicidal light and is effective in killing bacteria and viruses in the air.
- Photocatalytic Oxidation – With this type of air purifier, VOCs and chemical vapors from cleaning agents are absorbed.
- Oxygenating Catalyst – If there are particles of ozone in your indoor environment, this filter will convert this toxic gas into safe oxygen gas.
- Fan Speeds – It comes with 3 speeds (low, medium, and high).
This model or air purifier comes with 5 stages of air purification – it will surely improve the quality of your air indoors. It’s also an energy-efficient device – so, you can let it run the whole day without worrying about your utility bills.
Hunter 408940 Console Air Purifier Review
- True HEPA Filter – With its True HEPA filter, this model is 99.97% efficient in cleaning the air from microscopic particles of dust, pet dander, mold spores, pollen, etc.
- Eco-Silver Antimicrobial Technology Filter – As a pre-filter, this filter absorbs odor and odor-causing germs.
- Ionizer – An ionizer with its own on/ off control is built into the device.
- Fan Speeds – It has 3 speeds (low, medium and high).
- Area Coverage – This model is an air purifier for large room. You can use this unit in rooms up to 281 square feet in size.
With its 3 stages of air purification (HEPA, Eco-Silver, and ionizer), this model is very effective in cleaning the air (you can use it in large rooms). Pet owners, allergy suffers, and those with asthma will surely find it useful.
Hunter 30710 Tower Air Purifier Review
- HEPAtech Filter – It uses a permanent type, cleanable main filter.
- Ionizer – The negative ion generator feature can be turned on and off as needed.
- Carbon Filter – As a pre-filter to the HEPA, this carbon technology can filter larger particles of pollutants in the air. It also works for odor control.
- Fan Speeds – It comes with 3 speeds (low, medium and high).
- Area Coverage – You can use this particular unit in medium to large sized rooms (up to 152 square feet).
This portable Hunter ionizer and air purifier employ multiple stages of air purification. It is also powerful enough to handle large rooms.
Reasons to Go for a Hunter Air Purifier
Since you’re already keen on getting a Hunter air purifier, I will not try to convince you that it’s really the best choice out there. I’m sure you are aware of the fact that there are other brands and models of air purifiers to choose from (and the decision is all up to you). I
n this section of this post, however, I will summarize some of the important points on why Hunter air purifiers are indeed worth considering when looking out to buy an air filter for your home or office.
Choosing the Best Hunter Air Purifier for You
Now that you’ve read a comprehensive Hunter air purifier reviews article, I hope you have already made up your mind as to which product to buy. If not, let me help you just a little bit more.
As you can see in the Top 5 list, the Hunter 408841 air purifier is a very effective one. Aside from having a True HEPA air filtering system, it also makes use of Eco-Silver filter, UVC Light, and Photocatalytic and Oxygenation Technology. You see, this Hunter HEPA air purifier is very useful for dust-control, allergen-control, odor-control and much more.
If you want to economize and want a cheaper but highly effective air purifier, you can also consider the Hunter 30840 4-in-1 Air Purifier. This model uses HEPAtech filter (a cleanable filter), Carbon pre-filter (washable), a UVC Lamp, and a combination of Photocatalytic and Oxygenation Technology. This unit is definitely cheaper than the Hunter 40884 – and you won’t have to buy replacement filters.
For a desktop model, the Hunter 20310B Cube Tabletop Air Purifier makes for a good choice. It’s small and compact, yet powerful – and it’s suitable for small rooms. It also uses True HEPA and Eco-Silver filters, so it’s very effective in filtering dust, odor, chemicals, allergens, germs, and more.There – I’ve just narrowed down your choices to only 3 products.
Do let me know if this post on Hunter air purifier reviews has helped you (you can leave your message in the comment section below). And if you found this article useful, do share it with your friends, ok?