IQ Air Purifier Reviews: How To Choose The Best IQ Air Purifier?
If you’re looking for IQ Air purifier reviews because you’re planning on buying a unit for your home or office (or both), then please read on. I guarantee you that you will find IQAir’s top rated air purifiers right here – and you need not go anywhere else for all the information you need about the Company and their products.
Just to give you a short background, know that IQAir is a Company that’s based in Switzerland. They specialize in providing the world with technical solutions to air pollution – and they do this locally and internationally.
For residential purposes, they make room air purifiers that are powerful and portable (and they keep on improving the features in their products, too). And for commercial purposes, they provide air cleaning systems that are effective and efficient. In fact, a lot of public buildings these days employ their services and use their products.
In their quest for providing us with clean, fresh, and healthy air in our homes and offices (and public establishments), IQAir has even teamed up with the American Lung Association as educational partners. So, yes, they’re really serious about combating air pollution.?
IQ Air Purifier Reviews (October 2019): Top 3 Best Picks
Product Name & Features
IQ Air Purifier Reviews
In order to help you choose the right IQAir air purifier for your needs, I listed down the Company’s Top 3 products right now. You can choose from the models presented in the review section of this post – they’re listed according to quality and overall functionality.
- Hyper HEPA Filter – It uses IQAir’s patented HEPA filtration system which is 100 times better than regular types of HEPA filters.
This filter can trap ultrafine microscopic particles from the air up to 0.003 microns in size with 99.5% efficiency.
- Pre-Max Filter – As a pre-filter to the main Hyper HEPA filter, this can capture larger particles of pollutants in the air so as not to clog up the Hyper HEPA filter quickly.
- V5 Cell Filter for Gas and Odor – This filter is incorporated with 5 pounds of activated carbon materials for efficient odor and gaseous substance control.
- Pre-Filter – It has a pre-filter for trapping very large particles of pollutants like pet hair.
- Speed – It has 6 speeds for total control on air purification.
- Area Coverage – You can use this in rooms and areas from 450 to 1,125 square feet. When operating at the highest speed, it can only perform efficiently in a 450-square foot area.
Equipped with a 4-stage filtration system, this model can catch ultrafine particles that exist in your home and office environment. This is a great choice of air purifier for people with asthma and allergies as it can effectively purify the air from dust, smoke, odors, and even gaseous substances. Since this is not a mini air purifier, it’s really big and bulky.
IndoorDoctor Tests IQAir Health Pro Plus Room Purifier After 1 Year of Use via IndoorDoctor
- Hyper HEPA Filter – This model makes use of IQAir’s patented HEPA air purifier system which is 99.5% efficient in purifying the air from ultrafine particles (as small as 0.003 microns).
- PreMax Filter – This filter acts as the pre-filter to the Hyper HEPA main filtering system.
- Pre-Filter – A permanent and washable pre-filter is included in the design to effectively filter out larger forms of air pollutants.
- Speed – It comes with 6 fan speeds for more options on cleaning the air from pollutants and contaminants.
- Area Coverage – It can cover an area of 500 to 1,240 square feet. At the highest speed, it is only ideal for use in 500-square foot rooms.
Since this is a compact version of the full-size model of IQAir HealthPro air purifier, it’s smaller and lighter than the original unit – and yes, it’s less expensive as well. This can fit your purposes well, if you’re looking for a compact and more portable design of air purifier – just keep in mind that it occupies the same amount of space as the full-sized version (it’s just shorter in height).
Since it doesn’t come with a carbon filter, it’s not that effective in removing odor from the air. However, it’s very efficient in removing large and ultrafine particles of dust (and other allergens, contaminants and pollutants) in the air since it comes with 2 patented filtering systems and a pre-filter as well.
- Hyper HEPA Filter – It uses IQAir’s patented Hyper HEPA filter as the main filtering system.
- H11 Pre-Filter – This serves as pre-filter to the Hyper HEPA filtering system for a very efficient filtering design.
- 4 Post Filter Sleeves – It includes a set of filters that further intensifies its efficiency against airborne pollutants.
- 4 Mg Filter Cartridges – It comes with 12 pounds of activated carbon to filter the air from odors and gaseous substances.
- 4 Electrostatic Post-Filter Sleeves – This set of filters is very effective in trapping air pollution particles with the use of an electrically charged system.
- Speed – It has 6 fan speeds to provide you total control in purifying your home or office environment from airborne pollutants.
- Area Coverage – You can use this model in spaces and rooms with sizes of 450 up to 1,215 square feet.
It can only effectively clean the air environment of a 450-square foot room when operating on the highest speed.
While the IQAir GC Multigas is a perfectly designed air purifier, it can prove to be very costly through the years. Since it comes with a lot of pre-filters and added filters, it’s a very efficient air purifier for dust, smoke, odor, gaseous substances, microorganisms, and more.
Do keep in mind that to truly benefit from this model, you will need to replace all the filters used in its design for maximum efficiency in purifying the air from pollution.
IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier via AchooAllergy.com
HyperHEPA Vs. True HEPA
As you may already know, most air purifiers employ the use of HEPA filtration method because it’s deemed to be the most effective filter in purifying the air from pollutants such as:?
- Dust (the most effective air purifier for dust includes the use of a HEPA filter)
- Dust mites
- Pet dander (an air purifier for pets usually use HEPA filter)
- Pollen (a HEPA filter is usually used in an air purifier for allergies)
- Mold spores (While it’s not the best air purifier for mold, HEPA filters work in trapping mold spores)
- Smoke particles
- And more!
Note, however, that HEPA filters are not created equal – and the True HEPA Filter comes out as the best HEPA filter (it’s even doctor-recommended) because of its overall effectiveness and efficiency. HEPA type filters, on the other hand, are considered to be mediocre types of HEPA filters as they can’t purify the air from very small particles of pollutants.
Well, it just so happens that there’s a type of HEPA filter that can go head to head with a True HEPA filter – IQAir’s patented Hyper HEPA Filter. Listed below are the most important features of True HEPA and Hyper HEPA.
True HEPA filters:
- Can trap up to 0.3 microns.
- Has an efficiency rate of 99.97%.
Hyper HEPA filters:
- Can trap up to 0.003 microns.
- Has an efficiency rate of 99.5%
As you can see, both HEPA filters are really good (they’re the best of all HEPA filters to date). But while True HEPA filters has a very high efficiency rating (99.97%), these are only capable of trapping 0.3 micron sized particles. And while Hyper HEPA has a lower efficiency rating (99.5%) it can capture very VERY small particles – up to 0.003 microns (which comprise the smallest airborne particles).
Deciding on which HEPA filter is better, therefore, depends on your environment. If your indoor environment carries smaller and finer microscopic particles, the Hyper HEPA will work better for you. But if you live in an area where air pollution is under control, then a True HEPA filter can work just fine. Needless to say, any of these HEPA filters will work well as an air purifier for home use.?
Area Coverage Vs. Speed and Power
If you noticed, each of the models in the Top 3 list include speed and area of coverage in their list of features. I included those bits of information in the review to help you choose the model that’s most suitable to your situation and needs.
If you also noticed, each model has a wide scope area – somewhere between 400 and 1,000 square feet. So, yes, it’s safe to assume that all units are suitable for large rooms (and can even work as air purifier for whole house use). However, keep the following points in mind:?
- Operating on the lowest setting (Speed 1) will allow you to use the unit up to the maximum room capacity (about 1,000 square feet or so).
- Running the unit on the highest setting (Speed 6) will make the unit efficient in cleaning a room with a small area coverage of 400 to 500 square feet.
- The higher the speed, the less efficient a unit becomes in cleaning a large space.
- For best results, use the unit on the minimum room size given, so that it can work efficiently in any speed setting.
Which Is The Best IQ Air Purifier For You?
You’ve seen 3 of the top models of IQAir in the above IQ Air Purifier Reviews, and I’m sure you now have an idea as to how each model performs, especially when compared to one another.
I really think all 3 models work great as air purifiers and you simply need to choose the unit with the features that are most suitable to your needs. And so, consider the following points below.
Should You Go For The IQAir HealthPro Plus?
- Note that the IQAir HealthPro Plus comes with HEPA and activated carbon filters – making it very effective in both dust and odor control (the 2 most active air pollutants).
- Of the 3 units in the Top 3 list, this is the model that’s moderately priced.
Should You Choose The Compact IQAir HealthPro?
- For people who are looking for a more inexpensive version of the IQAir HealthPro Plus, the compact HealthPro can be considered as a good option. Just know that it’s not a literally small version of the full-sized model since it’s not really significantly smaller in body casing (just shorter by a few inches).
- Since the compact model only comes with a HEPA filtering system (no carbon filter), it only works effectively in filtering dust particles, allergens, and other pollutants in the air. No, it’s not that effective in odor control because carbon filters work best for such type of air pollution. The good news is that this is the most inexpensive model of the 3 units in the Top 3.
Will The IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier Benefit You The Most?
- Now, for the utmost air purification design in an air purifier, do check out the IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier. The truth is, I’ve never seen an air purification design that’s as complex as this model. It’s really very impressive.
- Since it comes with multiple levels of air filters (HEPA, carbon filter, pre-filters and add-on post filters) there’s no doubt about it that this can really purify the air from A LOT of pollutants and contaminants.
Expect it to clean the air effectively from dust particles (up to .003 microns in size), odor (it can capture both odor molecules and odor-causing germs), and other forms of air pollution – pet hair, pet dander, pollen, mold, mold spores, bacteria, viruses (you name it – this unit can handle it).
At this point, I would simply advise you to choose the model that will provide for your needs and requirements. You have the above reviews as your reference point when choosing the right air purifier for your home or office. Consider their features, pros, cons, price and maintenance costs – and you will surely end up with the most appropriate model for you.
Maintaining Your Air Purifier’s Filtering System
Needless to say, it’s very important to look into the filtering system of an air purifier before deciding to buy one. After all, choosing a unit that comes with replaceable filters will cost you more in the long run (than if you were to choose an air purifier with permanent, washable filters).
Since you’re considering buying an IQ Air Purifier, you should be ready to shoulder the additional expenses of replacing the accompanying filters of a particular model. Otherwise, your air purifier will not be able to perform at its optimum best.
Below are the 5 IQ Air filters most commonly used on IQAir air purifiers.?
As IQAir’s patented HEPA filter, this filter serves as the main filtering system of their air purifiers. It’s a medical-grade component, and it allows an air purifier to effectively capture fine and ultrafine particles such as:
- Dust (even very fine dust)
- Molecules (including odor-causing molecules)
- Microorganisms (viruses, bacteria, and more)• Various forms of allergens
This filter works in the final stages of a unit’s filtration system – particles that were able to pass through the unit’s other filters will be caught here.
When used in conjunction with the PreMax filter and V-5 Cell filter, the Hyper HEPA filter can truly perform its best in purifying the air from dust and other forms or airborne pollutants.
This filter is indeed quite expensive. However, consider the following benefits:
- It’s been tested and proven effective in capturing ultrafine particles as small as 0.003 microns.
- It can be used for a long time – up to about 4 years.
This replaceable filter acts as the pre-filter to the IQAir’s patented Hyper HEPA filtering system. It’s useful in trapping coarse as well as fine particles and small sizes of pollutants including the following:
- Per dander
- Mold Spores
A PreMax filter is often used together with a Hyper HEPA and V-Cell filter. It is able to perform its best in such a design and also works in extending the life of the main HEPA filtering system.
Consider the following benefits when purchasing a replacement PreMax for your IQAir air purifier:?
- It filters out large and fine particles of airborne pollutants so as not to quickly clog up the Hyper HEPA air filter.
- A brand new PreMax filter can last up to about 18 months.
The V5-Cell Gas and Odor Filter functions as the carbon filter in IQAir’s air filtration system. However, its design is more complex than the regular activated carbon filters in other models of air filters. Note the following components:
- It uses dual media in filtering odor and odor-causing molecules in the air.
- It uses carbon materials that are granulated and pelletized for a more effective absorption method in cleaning the air of pollutants.
Often used as a complementary filter to PreMax and Hyper HEPA filters, the V5-Cell is very effective in capturing and absorbing odor molecules, chemicals, VOCs, and other gaseous substances in the air.
And so, when purchasing this particular type of filter, keep in mind the following benefits:
- It keeps the air odor-free and germ-free as well.
- It has a long life – up to about 2 years.
As an especially designed pre-filter to the HEPA filtering system, this item is effective in filtering 0.3 micron sized particles from the air (with up to 99% efficiency rate).
This pre-filter also makes the main HEPA filtering system efficient in filtering up to 0.003 micron sized particles more effectively.
With the use of the Pre-Filter H11, micro particles and nanoparticles (which are smaller than micro particles) can be more effectively filtered from the air. These include very small particles of:?
- Microorganisms (like bacteria and viruses)
Again, this type of filter can be quite costly, but consider the following benefits below.
- Using it can extend the life of the other filters used in the air purifier.
- Having this add-on filtering system enables an air purifier to perform better in cleaning the air from pollutants.
- It can last for a year or so (depending on use).
A set of 4 post filter sleeves are usually used in certain models of IQAir air purifiers. When purchasing these filters as replacements, they usually come in a set of four as well.
These electronically charged sleeves serve as covering and are fitted on V5-Cell cartridges (the carbon filters used in IQ Air Purifiers). Using these add-on filters makes the carbon more effective in absorbing and trapping the following:
- Odor molecules
- Odor-causing particles
- Gaseous substances in the air
Although these replacement filters can be considered as added costs to your air purification expenses, consider the following benefits:
- Using post-filter sleeves will result in more effective filtration process.
- Having this additional filtering system will help in extending the life of all other filters used in a particular model of air purifier.
- Using electrically charged filter will prevent trapped particles of pollutants from being released back into the air.
- These filter sleeves can last for a long time – about 2.5 years
As you can see, the benefits of using replaceable filters far outweigh the additional costs of getting them. However, I understand if you want to economize a bit on your hard-earned money. So, here’s an important tip on how to prolong the life of IQAir filters (video) – vacuum the filters on your air purifier regularly (since they can’t be washed) and their lives can be twice as long.
IQAir purifier - How to prolong filter life via Rick Rude
Why Should You Go For An IQAir Air Purifier
Let’s talk facts here – IQ Air Purifiers are undoubtedly more expensive than most models of air purifiers out there. The question is – are they worth it? The simple answer is yes.
You see, when it comes to air purification, a unit’s effectiveness and efficiency in purifying the air from contaminants and pollutants is the most important thing to consider. And obviously, IQAir products can deliver well (video) on this particular task.?
IQAir Purifiers: Are They Worth It? | Sylvane via Sylvane Inc.
There are specific requirements for air purification and the HEPA system has proven time and again that it’s the most effective filtering method – especially when it comes to dust particles and other microscopic elements in the air. And it is for this reason why True HEPA filters are very popular.?
Well, IQAir’s patented Hyper HEPA system is just as effective (if not more effective) and efficient (if not more efficient) than True HEPA filters. In certain cases, it can be said that IQAir’s Hyper HEPA filter is even better than True HEPA filters.
In the Hyper HEPA Vs True HEPA section of this post, these 2 types of HEPA filters have been taken up concisely. Both of them work great in getting rid of air pollution, but it’s up to you to decide which system is more acceptable to you.
Here’s the bottom line – if you can afford to buy an IQAir purifier and are willing to buy filter replacements regularly to keep the unit running efficiently all year round – then go ahead. IQAir products are really worth it, and you can consider getting one as an investment in taking care of your family’s health.
I made this post on IQ Air purifier reviews with the goal of helping you decide on whether to buy an air purifier of this brand (and which model to buy). If this article proved to be helpful to you, do drop me a message in the comment section. I would also appreciate it if you share this post with your friends.?