Founded and established by David Irving Oreck, Oreck Corporation is now a well-respected manufacturer of small appliances. The Company is known for making air purifiers and vacuums, among other home appliances.
This article is particularly devoted to providing you with Oreck air purifier reviews so as to help you choose the best models for your needs.
As we are now living in a world that’s bombarded with air pollution problems, air purifiers are among the most important devices every home should have. I’m sure you want to keep your family healthy by providing the people you love with good air quality when they’re home (note that air purifiers can be used in office setups as well).
Since you’re considering buying an Oreck air purifier, it’s wise to know everything about their products. And that’s the goal of this report – to review 12 of the best Oreck air purifiers so that you can choose from the best of the best before making the final decision as to which unit to buy.
Oreck Air Purifier Reviews: Top 12 Best Picks
Why You Need an Air Purifier
- If you have pets, they shed off hair, feathers, pet dander, etc. (depending on the type of pet you have) – all of these can affect your respiratory health. However, with a good air purifier, all these pollutants will be filtered from the air so that you won’t breathe them in.
- Allergy sufferers will also benefit a lot from owning an air purifier?. With the right type of air purifier, allergens in the air can be minimized (if not totally eliminated). People with allergies will then have a more comfortable environment (in their home or office).
- Asthma is another health problem that can be relieved by using an air purifier. Asthma attacks usually result in having unclean air – and this situation can be easily solved by a simple air purifier.
- Cleaning our homes and offices from dust is a tedious job as dust simply exist everywhere. While large particles of dust are easy to clean, small particles of dust can be harmful when breathed into our lungs. Since air purifiers can suck in dust particles, our home, and office environments will be cleaner.
- Smoke is almost unavoidable in every household – smoke from cigarettes or from cooking stoves can reduce the air quality in our immediate environment. Fortunately, there are air purifiers that are particularly good at absorbing smoke and smoke odors from the air.
Things to Look for in an Oreck Air Purifier
Oreck air purifiers have their own unique design and functionality. Keep the following things in mind when looking out for the best Oreck air purifier for your needs:
Oreck air purifiers come in different models and designs. Their portability will also depend on this – so, choose one that’s suitable to your preferences.
- Tower – This model has a slim design and occupies very little floor space. It’s also made to be lightweight and portable.
- Stand-alone – Stand-alone units are bulkier (and often heavier) than tower type models. Still, most air purifiers of this type are portable and can be transferred from one place to another.
- Desktop/ Tabletop – Made to be compact and portable, desktop and tabletop models are usually weaker than the tower and stand-alone units. These are practical for small rooms and small offices (and cubicles).
Note that Oreck air purifiers will only be effective in purifying the air from pollutants and contaminants if you use them properly.
And so, if a particular model is only recommended for small rooms, don’t expect it to function well in large rooms.
Therefore, make it a point to check on its area of capacity before buying one.
For your own peace of mind, choose a model that comes with a warranty. This information is usually made available by Oreck Corporation.
Oreck air purifiers mostly use 3 different types of filters in their units. Each type of filter is explained below.
- Truman Cell Technology – A lot of Oreck air purifiers come with this type of filter. It’s a permanent, washable filter that doesn’t need to be replaced (unless broken, of course). This filter works by attracting pollutants and contaminants in the air (like a magnet). When it’s full and dirty, all you need to do is clean it (by washing with mild soap and water).
- True HEPA Filter – Oreck Corporation also uses True HEPA filters in some of their air purifiers. True HEPA filters are known for their efficiency in purifying the air from microscopic particles (up to 0.3 microns) and they’re proven to be 99.97% effective. However, True HEPA filters need to be changed eventually (depending on use) – and they are quite expensive.
- HEPA-Type Filter – You will also find Oreck air purifiers that use HEPA type filters. While these are not as efficient as True HEPA filters, they can still purify the air from pollutants (up to 99%).
- Carbon Filter – While there are Oreck air purifiers that use activated carbon filters in their design, there are also those that come with optional carbon filters. Since this type of filter is very effective in eliminating odor in the air, make it a priority feature if odor control is one of your main concerns for getting an air purifier.
- Ionizer – If an ionizer is important to you, choose a model that comes with this feature. Ionizer is an all-around air cleaner as it can fight pollutants and odors as well.
Some models of Oreck air purifiers come with the option to use a scent cartridge. If you’re into freshening the air with a particular type of scent, this feature might interest you.
Other important features to look for in an Oreck air purifier include the following:
- Speed – The number of speeds represents the number of power controls when purifying the air from pollution.
- Filter Indicators – Units that let you know when to clean and change filters is important (for convenience).
- Price – Always consider a model’s features, design, and quality when deciding to buy an air purifier. Don’t just go for the cheap ones as their features and lifespans may be limited.
TOP 12 RATED AIR PURIFIER FOR ODOR REMOVAL REVIEWS
Oreck AIRPCB Professional Air Purifier Review
This Oreck Professional air purifier is a tabletop model – so if you’re specifically looking for a compact unit, you can look at the Oreck AIRPCB Professional Air Purifier. Right now, it’s available in 2 colors – black and silver.
- Filter System – It employs Truman cell technology. Its filtering system is effective in filtering the air from allergens, bacteria, and odor.
- Ionizer – This model has a built-in ionizer. This works as an air purifier for mold and mildew.
- Charcoal Filter – This serves as pre-filter and odor controller.
- Speed – It has 3 cleaning speeds.
Since this is a tabletop model, it can be used at home (in different rooms) and in the office. It performs really well and can help people with allergies. Just know that it requires frequent cleaning as the filters can get dirty easily.
Oreck Desktop Air Purifier Professional Review
If you’re looking for a tabletop model of air purifier, the Oreck Desktop Air Purifier Professional is worth checking out. Should you decide to get it, it’s available in 2 colors right now – black and silver.
- Filter System – It uses Truman cell permanent filter. This works great as an air purifier for dust.
- Control Panel – It comes with a touch control pad.
- Speed – This model has 3 speed settings for cleaning the air.
- Nightlight – The nightlight feature has an on/ off control.
This is not a very powerful air purifier, so it’s only suitable for use in small rooms. It only comes with 1 filtering system, but you have the option of installing an odor absorber if you want to.
Oreck ProShield Plus Air Purifier Review
- Filter System – It uses Truman Cell, a permanent type of filter.
- 6-Stage Air Purification System – Polluted air is filtered through a pre-filter, charging wires, particle collector, UV light, oxygenator and ionizer treatment.
- Positioning – You can position the unit vertically or horizontally.
- Helios Shield – This odor filter is washable.
Although limited in scope, this air purifier is effective in eliminating odor and allergens in the air.
Oreck AirInstinct Air Purifier Review
The Oreck AirInstinct Air Purifier is another stand-alone model of air purifier from Oreck. If you’re interested in getting it, know that it’s only available in one color – white.
It’s not like any of the products featured in this Top 12 list, but it can really help you with odor control.
- Filter System – It uses True HEPA filter for 99.97% effectiveness in cleaning the air from dust, allergens, mold spores, etc.
- Odor Filter – The unit has a special odor filter for absorbing bad smells in the air as well as VOCs.
- Smart Sensor Technology – On auto mode, the unit routinely checks the air quality in a given room so that it can adjust its cleaning settings.
- Speed – It has 3 speeds. You can set it to auto mode, sleep mode, or power (turbo) mode.
This air purifier can improve the air quality in a room as it uses a combination of HEPA filter and carbon filter.
Oreck WK16002 Air Purifier Review
For a good choice on a stand-alone air purifier, consider the Oreck WK16002 Air Purifier. Right now, you can get it in silver color.
- Filter System – It uses HEPA air purifier for purifying the air from contaminants and pollutants.
- Carbon Filter – It’s equipped with an odor filter to keep air fresh and clean.
- Dust Sense Technology – It can be programmed to monitor the current air quality so that it can automatically adjust its settings in purifying the air.
- Timer – The timer can be set to 2, 4 or 8 hours.
If you’re looking for an air purifier that’s suitable for use in a large room, this can be one of your options. It may not look that good, but it will help clear the air from dust, pollen, pet hair, pet dander, and odor. Needless to say, it works well as an air purifier for allergies.
Oreck RAIRP-B Professional Air Purifier Review
For a good option in a tabletop air purifier, do check out the Oreck RAIRP-B Professional Air Purifier. If you want it, you can get it in black color.
- Filter System – It employs the use of Truman cell filter, which is a permanent, washable filter.
- Charcoal filter – This unit uses an odor control system in its design. Charcoal filter is also a good air purifier for smoke.
- 6-Stage filtration – Air purification goes through several stages of filtering before being released back into the air.
- Speed – It has 3 speed settings for cleaning the air.
Although this is quite a large tabletop model, it’s very powerful and can be used in large rooms. You can use it in purifying the air from dust, germs, odor, etc. It can also work as an air purifier for pets.
Oreck Optimax Air Purifier Review
For yet another choice in a stand-alone unit, check the Oreck Optimax Air Purifier. As of this writing, this model is only available in black color.
- Filter System – It uses a HEPA type filter that’s 99% effective in capturing dust and other forms of allergens in the air.
- Odor Filter – A special odor control system is installed. This filter also works in capturing VOCs.
- Ionizer – An ionizer feature in the form of air revitalizer is built into the system. It has its own on and off control.
- Timer – It comes with a timer that can be set to 2, 4, and 8 hours.
I like this model because it has a combination of filter and ionizer. Such a combination makes it effective in purifying the air of pollution.
Oreck WK15500B Air Purifier & Ultrasonic Humidifier Review
The Oreck WK15500B Air Purifier & Ultrasonic Humidifier tower type air purifier for home and office use is one of Oreck’s best products, so check it out. Should you decide to get it, it’s available in gray color.
- Filter System – This model uses HEPA media filter which can filter out 99% of airborne pollutants.
- Charcoal Filter – It has a carbon filter that’s charcoal based for removing odors in a particular room.
- Humidifier – It comes with a humidifier with separate on/ off control.
- Area Coverage – You can use this unit in small to medium sized rooms (up to a maximum of 115 square feet).
This model is not only an effective air purifier, it’s also a humidifier. The humidifier feature is not usually found in air purifiers – therefore, this unit is really special.
ORECK AIR12B ProShield Home/Office Compact Air Purifier Review
- Filter System – It makes use of Truman cell technology, which is very effective in cleaning the air from allergens and other types of pollutants and contaminants.
- Odor Absorber – It works in purifying the air from unpleasant odors.
- Nightlight – It comes with a night light feature that can be turned on and off as needed.
- Positioning – You can place this vertically or horizontally on your table.
As you can see in this Oreck ProShield air purifier review this unit makes for a good choice if you have allergies because it can really help in filtering the air from allergens. If you have pets, this is also a good unit to buy because it has an odor control system.
Oreck XLA Professional Air Purifier Signature Series Review
- Filter System – This unit makes use of Truman cell filter, which is a permanent type of filter.
- Charcoal Filter (Optional) – You have the option of installing a carbon filter on the device for odor control (not included).
- Ionizer – It has a built-in ionizer for releasing negative ions into the air.
- Speed – It comes with 3 speed settings for cleaning the air.
This Oreck XL Professional air purifier signature series is an all-around air purifier. Note, too, that it’s economical to use because it comes with a permanent filter. If you clean the filter regularly (about once a week), this unit can provide you with many years of excellent service. Just note that the package doesn’t include a carbon filter – you need to buy one should you choose to have a more effective odor eliminator.
Oreck Airvantage Plus Air Purifier Review
- Filter System – It uses HEPA media filter, which is 99% effective in filtering the air from pollutants like dust, smoke, pet dander, etc.
- 3-Stage Filtration – Polluted air goes through 3 filtering stages before clean air is released back to the environment.
- Carbon Filter – Having a carbon-based filter makes this air purifier effective as a deodorizer.
- VOC Filter – There’s a special filter for purifying the air from VOCs.
If you want to improve the air quality in your home, use this model of air purifier. Just set it on the floor in a small room and it will keep the air clean and fresh all the time.
Oreck Air Purifier and Revitalizer Review
- Filter System – It uses HEPA filter for controlling the presence of dust, pollen, allergens, and other types of microscopic particles in the air.
- Ionizer – An ionizer feature called Air Revitalizer is included in its design.
- Speed – It has 3 speeds for low (quiet), medium (normal), and high (turbo) cleaning settings.
- Timer – You can set the unit to 1, 2 or 3 hours by using the timer.
Since this model has an adjustable area coverage, you can use it to purify the air in just one room in your house or the whole house. And should you find that the air purifier smells funny, it’s probably because of the ozone gas (avoid this scenario as exposure to ozone gas is dangerous)?
What is the Best ?Oreck ?Air Purifier?
Oreck is a trusted name when it comes to making air purifiers – so, really, you can’t go wrong with choosing any model from their wide selection of products. However, to make sure that you will be 100% satisfied with your purchase, I want to make a few suggestions.If you’re particularly looking for an air purifier for a small to medium sized room, consider the Oreck WK15500B air purifier.
It’s the only one in the Top ?20? list with a built-in humidifier – therefore, it’s like getting 2 appliances (an air purifier and a humidifier) for the price of one. As for its filtering system, it uses HEPA media filter and Activated charcoal filter. It’s really an all-around air purifier, you see.
For a model that’s suitable for use in a large room, I would suggest going for the Oreck WK16002 air purifier. It comes with 2 types of filters – a HEPA filter and a Carbon filter – therefore, it’s effective in cleaning the air from dust particles, allergens, and odor. It’s even equipped with a Dust Sense technology, which allows it to continuously monitor a number of dust particles in the air – and it can respond to the situation by adjusting its cleaning power.
If you want to economize on buying filters, I would recommend getting the Oreck RAIRP-B air purifier. It uses Truman cell technology, which is a permanent (and washable) type of filter. This particular model uses a 6-stage filtration system in purifying the air – so, it’s really effective in solving the problem of indoor air pollution. It also comes with an ionizer – which is another great feature in an air purifier.
I really hope that this report on Oreck air purifier reviews has proven to be helpful to you. If you want to share your thoughts with me (which I really appreciate), you can leave your message below. Also, feel free to share this post with your friends as I also want them to benefit from the use of Oreck air purifiers.