Rabbit Air Purifier Reviews 2018-2019: Top Brand Of Air Purifiers For Healthy Indoor Air
Rabbit Air was founded in Los Angeles, California in 2004. Since then, this Company has been a trusted name in air purifiers. This Rabbit Air Purifier Reviews post will show you just how good their products are.
To give you a brief description of Rabbit Air’s air purifiers, here’s an overview of their products:
Rabbit Air Purifier 2018: Top Rated Reviews
Brief Description of Rabbit Air’s Air Purifiers
They use HEPA filters in their air purifiers.
The Company makes 2 models of air purifiers:
- Stand-alone – This type of air purifier is usually positioned on the floor. You can also opt to place a stand-alone air purifier on top of a table.
- Wall-mounted – Rabbit Air also makes air purifiers that can be hanged to the wall. They also carry models that can either be positioned on the floor or mounted to the wall.Note: In some cases, an air purifier can be used as a stand-alone, desktop or wall-mounted unit.
Rabbit Air have special edition models such as:
- Peanuts Theme – If you like Snoopy and his friends, you can get air purifiers that carry Peanuts designs.
- Artists Theme – Art lovers will appreciate this theme as art works from different artists (like Van Gogh) are featured in their design.
- Breast Cancer Awareness Theme – In support of breast cancer awareness, Rabbit Air has themes that are dedicated to this special cause.
5 Types of Filters
Mechanical Type Filters
These filters come in the form of screens. Screens act as filters as they’re made up of tiny holes.
However, mechanical filters are made of a special type of screen (especially useful for filtering small particles of elements). The HEPA filter falls under this category.
These are filters that are especially good at absorbing odors, chemicals, and gaseous substances from the air.
Carbon filters fall under this category and they are suitable for cleaning air pollution caused by paint fumes, building materials, smoke, odor-causing germs, and the odor molecules themselves.
Note: Some models of air purifiers use pre-filters (either permanent or replaceable). These serve as the first line of defense for pollutants. The use of pre-filters works in extending the life of the main filters as large particles are filtered so as not to quickly clog up the unit’s filtering system.
Electronic Type Filters
Filters that fall under this category use electrically charged blades or plates that attract pollutants in the air (they work like magnets). Some models of ionizers have this type of filtering system.
Hybrid (Combination Filters)
Some models of air purifiers use a combination of filtering systems for maximum efficiency. In this case, units make use of both mechanical and electronic filters.
Air purifiers that produce ozone are included in this category. Sometimes, a small amount of ozone is released with the use of a negative ion generator (ionizer).
There are also ozone generators that are exclusively made to produce ozone in high amounts.
Since ozone is considered to be a toxic gas, this type of air purifier is only recommended for shock treatments in highly polluted areas (in which case, the place or room should be unoccupied by both humans and animals).
Air Purifier for Dust
Dust is a very common problem and this element can bring about a lot of problems such as:
The most effective air purifier for dust comes in the form of a mechanical filter (e.g. HEPA). Please take note of the following:HEPA type filters can capture dust particles that are 2 to 4 microns in size.True HEPA filters (and similar patented filters) can filter the air from elements up to 0.3 microns.
Air Purifier for Allergies and Asthma
These are the best types of filter for people with allergies and asthma:
- Mechanical filter (e.g. HEPA filters) as allergens like pollen, pet dander, smoke particles, and dust can all be filtered in its design.
- Gas Filter – Filters that work in absorbing odors and odor-causing particles work well for this purpose (e.g. activated carbon). You see, bad smells can be very irritating for people with allergies. Exposure to unpleasant odors can sometimes lead to allergy attacks.
- Ionizer – Since negative ions can clean the air from microscopic particles and odors, this type of filter can also help people with allergies.
In the case of allergy suffers, however, relying or air purifiers alone is not recommended. Instead, the following preventive measures can be applied to one’s circumstances:
- Carpet floorings should be avoided as allergens can accumulate on such surfaces.
- Frequent cleaning is required so as to reduce the number of allergens in the surroundings.
- Devices with air filters should be regularly cleaned.
- Smoking indoors should be avoided as smoke particles (and the accompanying odor) can lead to allergy attacks.
Air Purifier for Pets
Pets are lovely creatures, but they actually pollute the air from their shedding (hair, fur, feathers, etc.). Some animals also release pet dander, which is microscopic elements. And of course, most pets smell. In order to purify the air from pollutants caused by pets, an air purifier should have these types of filters (or at least one):
- Mechanical type of filter such as HEPA (True HEPA filters or similar filters are the best for this purpose). Pet hair and pet dander are filtered in this type of air purification system.
- Gas Filter such as Activated Carbon Filter. Odors and odor-causing germs are absorbed and trapped in this type of filter.
Air Purifier for Smoke and Odor
Smoke and odor usually come together because smoke particles cause irritating odors. And I’m not just talking about cigarette smoke here – as smoke from furnaces and cooking devices are equally irritating and dangerous to one’s health.
Smoke pollution can come in 2 basic forms:
- Airborne particles – These make up the visible smoke.
- Microscopic particles – These produce the odors.
The most effective air filters for smoke and odors are:
- Mechanical Filters – HEPA filters can trap 0.3 micron sized particles and larger (visible smoke).
- Gas Filters – Activated carbon is very effective in absorbing odor (made up of microscopic elements) and odor-causing molecules.
Air Purifier for Mold
Mold problems usually come with mildew and mold spores as well (they sort of come in a package). Below are the most effective purifying systems for these types of pollutants.
- Gas Filter – Gas filtering systems like carbon filters are useful for mold and mildew problems because these elements release odors that are irritating.
- UV Light – UV Light air purifiers are useful for killing mold and mildew as exposure to the radiation of UV light can destroy these pollutants.
- Ozone Generator – When exposed to high amounts of ozone, mold, mildew, mold spores and moldy smells can be removed from the air. However, ozone producers are only recommended for shock treatments (which can last up to 2 hours) and not for all-day air purification.
- Mechanical Filter – HEPA filters work well in trapping mold spores.
Do keep in mind that mold problems can’t be totally solved by the use of air purifiers alone (air purifiers will only help). The following methods are recommended for a more effective mold control system:
- Use dehumidifiers as mold and mildew thrive on moist and humid environments.
- At the early signs of mold and mildew development, clean the surfaces immediately to minimize the spread of these elements.
- Run air purifiers continuously. The use of air purifiers with ionizer, UV light, and HEPA features will help control the proliferation of mold spores in the air.
TOP RATED RABBIT AIR PURIFIER REVIEWS
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet Air Purifier (SPA-700A) Review
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-700A air purifier is a stand-alone and wall-mountable unit. Right now, it’s only available in two colors – black and white.
- BioGS HEPA Filter – It can filter 0.3 micron sized particles with 99.97% efficiency.
- Pre-Filter – It has a washable and permanent pre-filter that works on trapping large particles of dust, allergens and other types of pollutants in the air.
- Medium Filter – This filter is capable of capturing 1 micron sized particles (this includes pollen, pet dander, mold, etc.).
- Activated Carbon Filter – This charcoal-based filter is effective in absorbing odors and chemical molecules in the air.
- Ionizer – Having a negative ion generator helps in cleaning and freshening up indoor air.
- Customizable Filter – You have several options to choose from, such as Germ Defender (for bacteria and viruses), Pet Allergy (for pet dander and other pet allergens), Odor Remover (for pet odors, cigarette smoke, and cooking smells), and Toxin Absorber (for VOCs and other chemical components in the air).
With its 6 stages of filtration, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 filter can efficiently purify the air from contaminants, pollutants, and microbes. It’s very powerful, too – that it can be used as air purifier for the large room (up to 700 square feet).
Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet Air Purifier (SPA-550A) Review
This is one of Rabbit Air’s best-selling models of stand-alone air purifier. You can get the Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 SPA-550A it in white color.
- HEPA BioGS HEPA Filter – This filtering system works in purifying the air from particles of dust, pollen, pet dander, etc.
- Pre-Filter – It comes with a permanent, washable pre-filter.
- Charcoal-Based Carbon Filter – Chemicals and odors are absorbed and trapped in this level of filtering system.
- Ionizer – Its built-in negative ion generator comes with its own control system.
- Speed – It has 5 speeds for controlling the air purification process.
This model can be one of your options when looking out to buy a stand-alone model of air purifier (Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 reviews are mostly positive). While it’s quite big, it’s really good looking. As for its performance, it comes with 4 stages of air purification – so, you will surely notice an improvement in the air quality of your indoor environment.
Rabbit Air BioGS 582A Ultra-Quiet Air Purifier Review
- BioGS HEPA Filter – It’s 99.97% effective in purifying the air from very small particles of pollutants (up to 0.3 microns).Ionizer – It has a negative ion generator with separate controls.
- Charcoal-Based Carbon Filter – It comes with a washable carbon filter for odor control.
- Medium Filter – This filter has the ability to catch larger particles of pollutants – the lifespan of the main HEPA filter can be prolonged because of this.
- Pre-Filter – This filter is permanent and washable – and it’s the unit’s first line of defense in trapping large particles of dust, pet hair, etc.
This model or air purifier comes with 5 stages of air purification – it will surely improve the quality of your air indoors. It’s also an energy-efficient device – so, you can let it run the whole day without worrying about your utility bills.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Artists Series SPA-700A Review
You can use Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier as stand-alone, desk, or wall-mounted air purifier. It’s available in white color with 6 designs to choose from – Water Lilies, Sunflower, Cherry Blossom, Plum Park, Starry Night, and Great Wave.
- Advanced HEPA Filter – This filter is very effective in filtering dust, allergens, mold spores, etc.
- Pre-Filter – It comes with a permanent filter that can be washed.
- Medium Filter – This filter works in filtering the air from large-sized pollutants.
- Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon – Air pollution caused by odor and odor-causing particles are absorbed by this filter.
- Ionizer – A negative ion generator with its own on/ off control is included in this unit’s design.
- Customizable Filter – You can select one of the 6 options for additional air purification – Germ Defense (for microbes), Pet Allergy (if you have pets), Odor Remover (for odor control), and Toxin Absorber (if there are chemicals in the air).
The front panel of this air purifier is artistically designed – it’s not a boring air purifier, that’s for sure. As for its efficiency as an air filter, it also performs well since it comes with 6-stages of air purification.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Artists Series SPA-780A Review
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-780A is another air purifier that can be used as stand-alone, tabletop or wall-mounted model. It comes in black color with 6 designs to choose from – Sunflower, Water Lilies, Plum Park, Cherry Blossom, Starry Night, and Great Wave.
- BioGS HEPA Filter – Using Rabbit Air’s patented BioGS HEPA filter, this model is 99.97% efficient in filtering the air from up to 0.3 micron sized particles.
- Pre-Filter – It has a permanent, washable filter.
- Medium Filter – A filter for large particles is included in the design to prolong the life of the main HEPA filter.
- Charcoal Carbon Filter – It uses the best type of filter for absorbing odor.
- Ionizer – An ionizer feature with its own on/ off control can be further utilized in cleaning and freshening up the air.
You can consider this model if you are willing to pay more for the Artist Themes. As you can see in this Rabbit Air MinusA2 SPA-780A review, it comes with a multi-stage filtering system (6 stages, to be exact) – so it works great for people with pets and those who are suffering from allergies and asthma.
Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Air Purifier BCRF Special Edition Review
The Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 BCRF Edition is a stand-alone model, and it’s currently available in white color. Since it’s a special edition model for breast cancer awareness, it also comes with a pink cord. It’s an air purifier for home and office use.
- HEPA BioGs Filter – This HEPA air purifier can catch air pollution particles as small as 0.3 microns (at 99.97% efficiency rate).
- Pre-Filter – It comes with a pre-filter that works in crumbling down pollutant particles so as not to clog up the main HEPA filter.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This filter serves as the odor controller in the air purifier’s design.
- Ionizer – It comes with an ionizer feature with its own on/ off control.
I like this air purifier because it comes with 4 stages of air purification and it uses some of the best filtering systems to date (HEPA, carbon, ionizer, and a pre-filter). Since this is a special edition model, 5% of the profits from the sale of this unit will be donated to BCRF (Breast Cancer Research Foundation – a non-profit organization dedicated to finding a cure for breast cancer).
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Peanuts Edition SPA-700A Review
Heads up, Snoopy lovers! The Rabbit Air MinusA2 Peanuts Edition SPA-700A air purifier is a model that can be used as stand-alone, desktop, or wall-mounted unit. Right now, it’s available in the black casing and there are 2 designs to choose from – VIP and Hug.
- BioGS HEPA Filter – This special type of HEPA filter is proven to be 99.97% effective in clearing the air from 0.3 micron sized particles and larger.
- Carbon Filter – This acts as the main filter for odor and odor-causing germs.
- Pre-Filter – Its design includes the use of a permanent (washable) filter.
- Medium Filter – Having this filter will prolong the life of the main HEPA filter as larger forms of pollutants are caught before reaching the finer filters.
- Customizable Filter – You can set it in 4 different settings – Pet Allergy (for pet owners), Germ Defense (to control the presence of viruses and bacteria in the air), Toxin Absorber (for gaseous substances), and Odor Remover (for quick fixes in solving odor problems).
With its 6 stages of air purification, you can already tell that your indoor environment will be free from pollutants, contaminants, and disease-causing germs. If you’re willing to pay extra for a Snoopy theme, you can consider this air purifier.
Myths on Using Air Purifiers
Before going to the Rabbit Air Purifier Reviews section of this post, let me tackle on some of the myths concerning the use of air purifiers. By understanding these myths (and accepting that they’re myths), you will benefit more from your air purifiers.
- Myth #1 – An air purifier is the ONLY solution to solving health problems like allergies and asthma. We have already talked about this – these health problems can be avoided by using the right types of furnishings and employing healthy cleaning habits and hygienic practices.
- Myth #2 – Having an air purifier will free you from household chores like dusting and cleaning. This is not true as even the most efficient air purifiers have limited capabilities. Personal hygiene and overall cleanliness are always needed to live a healthy life. So, yes – you still need to wash dirty clothes, clear the kitchen from food scraps and rotting trash, and empty your kitty’s litter pan regularly.
- Myth #3 – Speed Settings are not important in air purifiers. Of course, the speed feature in an air purifier is very important. If an air purifier comes with 2 or more speeds, you will have more options in controlling the air purification process in your indoor environment. In this case, the lowest setting is usually quiet and is best used at night. The highest setting, on the other hand, can be used when your indoor air quality is very poor as it can provide for maximum cleaning power.
- Myth #4 – Using HEPA filters is the perfect solution to solving indoor air pollution. Again, this is not true as HEPA filters are not “magic” filters. These vary in size, quality and performance – and they only work for certain types of air pollutants. In fact, HEPA filters are not the most efficient air purifiers for odors (that honor goes to carbon filters).
- Myth #5 – When you have an air purifier, you should never open your windows again. Well, that’s not necessarily true. You see, keeping windows closed all the time can make the air in your indoor environment stagnant. For a really healthy and clean indoor environment, proper air ventilation is needed and fresh air is always welcome (only open your windows if fresh air is available).
Which Rabbit Air Purifier is the Best?
I have already given you the details on the different models of Rabbit Air air purifiers. By referring to the Rabbit Air Purifier reviews above, you will be able to make the right decision as to which model to buy.
As you can see, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 700A model made it to the top spot. The reason for this is that I think it’s the best product on the list (all things considered). Aside from its capacity to handle large rooms (up to 700 square feet) it also comes with 6 stages of air purification.If you’re willing to pay a lot for an air purifier and would love to have a unit with the theme, you can choose from the Peanuts and Artists designs. They come with 6 stages of air filtration too, and they can cover large areas as well.
Now, if you want to economize a bit and are willing to go for an air purifier with only 4 stages of filtration (which is also great), you can consider the Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 BCRF Special addition. Again, it’s a little more expensive than the regular version because it’s supporting a cause – breast cancer awareness. This model can also cover a wide area (up to 625 square feet), so you can already tell how powerful it is.
Still, if you want to go for a cheaper version of the Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0, you can also go for the standard model. Yes, it’s just as good as the BCRF Special edition – and it can also be used in large rooms (up to 550 square feet).The nice thing about Rabbit Air air purifiers (those that are included in the Top 8 list) is that they all have 4 things in common:Each model comes with a 5-year warranty on parts and labor.
Do share this Rabbit Air Purifier Reviews with your friends so that they can benefit from it, too (we all need clean, healthy air), right? And don’t forget to leave me a note below as I would appreciate any feedback from you.
Last Updated on