In this article, I’ll present to you the list of the best table saws in 2020. Before you start, make a checklist based on this illustration to ensure your safety.
As blood was spitting all over my friend’s face, he realized that he already cut off half his finger. He didn’t feel any pain because of the adrenaline rush, yet I was certain that I saw something white… it was his bone.
That’s what you get for using a dangerous tool without getting a proper guide. Part of the accident was caused by the vibration and him having no idea how to cut (body position, hand position). Here I have an illustration to prove that table saw accident is common.
Let’s not be an idiot like my friend. You actually don’t need to worry because I’ll guide you through everything about the table saws. Specifically, you’ll know different types of electric saws you need and whether it’s safe or not.
Best Portable Table Saw (January 2020): Top 4 Portable Jobsite Brands and Reviews
Top 4 Portable Jobsite Table Saw Reviews: Value Brands
Black & Decker WM425-A Review
For a beginner, I don’t recommend investing too much, that’s why I suggest this saw. However, just because you don’t invest much does not mean you should get a crappy one. The reason I choose this saw is because you can get a quality one with low investment. This is the best table saw for a beginner woodworker.
- Dual height adjustment legs – It has two height settings. First one is on the “sitting” one, 8 inches off the ground. The second one is the “standing” one, which is 24 inches off the ground.
- Heavy-gauge steel frame – You don’t want your table saw to be lightweight since it’ll vibrate a lot. This saw weighs 550 pounds which must be heavy enough.
- Portable design – It folds easily thanks to the height adjustment. You can store it anywhere with little space needed.
- Best adjustment system
- One-Handed Clamp system – You can adjust the clamps together or independently with this feature.
- Adjustable jaws and vertical clamping – With the adjustable jaws and vertical clamping, you get the optimal flexibility and extra range to hold unusual objects.
Both of these features give you the best adjustment for any weird position you might encounter. Plus the adjustment process is easy, which is good news for beginners.
- Affordable – Black and Decker is the most cost conscience manufacturer in the industry. The price is very competitive and you can still enjoy the superb quality. By the way, you have a 2-year warranty for your information.
- Unclear instruction – Many people complain that they can’t build the table saw based on the instruction. Luckily, there are many videos on youtube about assembling this saw you might want to take a look at.
- Flimsy – Some parts of the saw might get broken if you are not careful enough. Make sure to be soft-handed with it.
BLACK AND DECKER WORKMATE 425..Portable Project Center via TOOL BOSS
The inexpensive price and the ease of use make this the best table saw for a beginner. The portable design is also handy for storage and transportation. The one-handed clamp system is also innovative too.
By and large, if you are a beginner with a tight budget who also want something portable and space-saving, you will want this table saw. Product quality is guaranteed by the 2-year warranty so you shouldn’t worry much about it.?
DEWALT DWE7491RS Review
If you want a table saw to use in long-term for your home projects, DEWALT DWE7491RS is an ideal saw to do the job. The table saw has the incredible rip capacity to help you break through any type of wood.
Coming with the rolling stand, this table saw allows you to move it around easily, which is very suitable for home use. It’s an expensive table saw, yet you’ll get what you pay for. This table saw will be the best table saw for furniture making for your home.
- Incredible rip capacity – 15 amp motor and 32.5 inches rip capacity is more than enough to cut through any wood. The capacity makes it the best table saw for woodworking.
- Rack & Pinion Fence System – Sometimes, the manufacturer like to use fancy name feature leaving you confused on what it actually is.
Simply explained, it’s a telescoping fence that extends and retracts easily, it’s what makes the 32.5 inches rip capacity possible.
There is also a flip over ripping fence that holds two different positions, this will come in handy when performing narrow cuts.
Note: I used the video of DWE7499GD instead of DWE7491RS because they are mostly identical, and the only difference between them is the guard detection.
- Rolling stand – It’s able to stand like the picture below thanks to the rolling stand design. In addition, it has wheels so you can travel this saw around. The setup and breakdown process is quite easy.
For it is easy to fold, it won’t take up much space in your house. When not used, you can put this table saw in any corner.
- Dust collection system – No debris, dust or particle exit from the 2-inches dust collection hole with the brilliant design. It’s the best dust collection system out there.
- On Board Storage System – You can still access to components of the saw (miter gauge, fence, wrenches etc.) when the saw is not in used, thanks to the onboard storage system. On top of that, the system protects these components of the saw.
- Plastic miter gage – Most complaints are about this problem. But keep in mind that this part is replaceable, so if you are not satisfied with it then change it.
- The table is not flat – Some people are unlucky enough to get the defective one with the non-flat table. In compensation, the warranty team receives many compliments so you should get your saw replaced as soon as possible.
- Expensive – You can’t expect the price to be any lower, honestly. It’s a good table saw so it deserves the extra bucks.
DeWalt DWE7491RS Jobsite Table Saw via ToolsEditor
This saw profession stays in the applications of cabinet installers, trim carpenters, and serious woodworking tasks. I like how it is powerful yet still portable and compact.
I agree that the price is high, yet you can’t get anything better at this price range. Anyway, since it costs big money, so take a good look before purchasing to avoid getting the defective one.?
DEWALT DW745 Review
This is the best table saw for a home workshop that has very little space to store things. Take a look at the picture above so you can see how compact it is. This is the table saw that you can use anywhere.
If you are judging his power based on the size then stops it right away. He has the ridiculous power to rip through any type of material so you’d better make him some sandwiches. Let’s discuss more features from this saw.
- Consistent & Powerful – The motor power, like other table saws on this list, is 15 amp and high-torque. Alongside with the motor power are the 10 inches blade, and the no-load 3,850 rpm speed. So you’ve got a tough job there? No problem, mate.
- Portable – Take a look at the picture, how easily he’s carrying the saw upstairs. Does he look like the strongest man on earth? Definitely not, that’s why you should stop worrying about its heaviness.
Here I add a video for better illustration. Look like it’s the best portable table saw for fine woodworking.
- Tool free adjustment – Every adjustment made on this table saw requires no tool at all. You only either pull the lever or twist the knob. It uses rack and pinion rail for easy and smooth adjustment.
- It protects your fingers/hands – You don’t want to end up ripping off your finger like my idiotic friend I mention earlier. Luckily, this table saw has a blade guard and anti-kickback spreader. Take a look at this short video for assembling tips.
- 3-year warranty – Have fun to complain all the way you want within 3 years or throwing it back to the store within 90 days. What a great term for a table saw this price.
- Poor miter gage – Again this problem is pretty common for table saws. Replace it immediately for your own good.
- Plastic blade guard – The blade guard be like: “press me gently or I’ll die”. No metal guard available right now. If by any chance you can get a custom-made metal blade guard, make a business out of it, what an easy way to get rich.
- No dado blade – Dado blade won’t fit this table saw. So take it into consideration before purchasing this table saw.
DEWALT Table Saw. DW745. Awesome Machine! via shaneconlan1
If you own a small workshop, you want easy storage and transportation. That’s why I recommend this table saw for its compact and portable design. Although the power might not be the strongest advantage of this table saw, it still does a decent job on most common applications.
?The price is just so affordable for any home workshop owner. Plus you get 3-year warranty service. Overall it’s the best table saw for the home shop on this list.
Grizzly G0715P Review
For dado cut, a hybrid table saw can easily be a winner. However, most hybrid table saws are not low. Fortunately, Grizzly produces this type of saw with relatively lower cost than most of its competitors. You can go around and check the price on Amazon for confirmation. This is the most affordable hybrid you’ve owned in the industry.
- Best table saw for dado cuts – The best tool to perform dado cuts is a hybrid table saw. The saw is compatible with both dado blades and regular blades. So you kill two birds with one stone.
- Most affordable hybrid saw out there – The price of this saw beats all of its competitors. Trust me, you won’t be able to get any hybrid table saw at this price range. And just because it’s not pricey doesn’t mean it’s bad.
It has 2HP motor and which can run on both 220 volts and 110 volts (installment required). Also, this table saw ripping capacity is incredible. Take a look at the video for more information.
- Easy-to-transport – It’s not hard to move as how you imagine it might be. The weight is just ideal for hassle-free transportation.
- 4-inches dust collection – With a dust collection hole that big coupled with the vacuum capacity of this table saw, I can’t imagine any dust escape from this dust collection system.
- Quiet operation – What’s could be better than a beast that does its job quietly. With the minimal noise generated, this table saw won’t make you cry for ear protection while working.
- Awful miter gage – Oh look, another table saw with a poor miter gage. I haven’t found any table saw with good miter gauge so I’ll just put this as extra information other than any serious complaint.
Setup and Review of the Grizzly G0715P Table Saw via RC Creative
Honestly, I wouldn’t turn down any hybrid table saw at this price. Grizzly is a real savior for the poor like me. Good news it’s not that hard to transport so you can always use it for your home projects.
?Another feature I like about this saw is the dust collection system, it works effectively. It’s one of the very few table saw with a decent dust collection system. Lastly, I’m very happy with its quiet operation. I would totally recommend this table saw for dado cuts and other applications
Table Saw Miter Gauge Of The Year
Table Saw: Which One Is The Best?
In conclusion, to get the right table saw, you must evaluate your purpose, budget and space availability. In addition, you have to get the right blade, my recommendation is to go for a general purpose blade if you have no idea what to purchase.
By and large, the table saw that deserves to be in rank number one is Grizzly G0715P.