DW734 Vs DW735: A Brief Discussion of The Benchtop Planer Tool
A planer is a basic tool in every carpentry workshop or craftsmen’s tool box. There are many varieties of Planer saws for beginner woodworking projects, but some products among the huge list of Planer saws for cutting variety of wood stand out.
Two among those products are the Dw734 and Dw735 planer saws. Both saws are very powerful and have a 15Amp motor, coming with a disposable three knife cutter head along with a very good RPM value.
But they tend to differ at certain points giving us way to get into the details of these differences and get to know Dewalt DW products i.e. DW734 vs. DW735 in a much better manner.
Both of them being bench top planar are a long-term investment that allows one to save money over time by buying rough stock and dimensioning, they make creating custom materials easier allowing the product to yield greater results.
DW734 vs. DW735: What’s the Difference?
Both of these players are powerful 15 Amp planers, with some major differences such as one may notice that the blade size i.e. 13-inch knives is used by the DW735 unlike the 12 ½-inch knives for the DW734.
From the general perspective of a common man, half an inch may not seem like a big enough difference as such.
But when this aspect is translated into cut depth, surface flattening quality, the extra length does become crucial for the woodworker. Another major difference is seen in the carriage lock mechanism phenomenon of these tools, carriage lock being an essential component for reducing the effect of snipe.
The DW734 features a manual, four column carriage lock, which means that one will have to turn the lever through several revolutions to lock the board in place. The DW735 comes with ‘automatic carriage lock’, thus removing the need for user engagement in manually turning the lever.
The weight aspect of these tools is another issue related to compatibility the DW735 weighs 92 lbs it counterpart is yet lighter the DW734 being 12 lbs lighter.
This difference plays a huge role when one has to move the planner from the storage area to the work area and back.
General Overview: DW734 vs. DW735
Dewalt DW734 mostly known as DW734 is a Planer which is a two-speed bench top planer and comes with a 15-amps DW734 package. It also comes with a three knife cutter head, and a 10,000RPM cutter head speed having one of the finest finishes.
The DW734 delivers an impressive 96, and can, therefore, handle deeper cuts in hardwoods, which is something that any woodworker would appreciate. An added advantage for the woodcutter is the Extra-long infeed and outfeed table which provides 33-1/2 inches of material support.
The disposable, reversible knives deliver 30 percent more knife life and make knife change fast and easy.
It is a portable Planer, facilitated with a chip ejection vacuum which is fan assisted and chips off the cutter heads and then exhausts them out of the machine, lessening the blocking of the chips here and there.
The Four-column carriage lock drastically reduces the movement that causes snipe and makes things comfortable.
DW735 comes with a cast aluminum base which makes it an extremely well-built machine. The DW735’s 19-3/4” basely is almost two times more rigid than other tools like the folding tables and the 10” base tools. The automatic carriage lock provided in the DW735 removes the need for manual engagement by the user while using the tool.
Like all bench top planers, it is a long-term investment that allows one to buy rough stock and dimension it without requiring an expert help. It makes powerful 15 Amp Motor for deep, clean cuts. The reversible, deposable knives are provided for added advantage.
These knives last 30 percent longer than traditional disposable knives, helping one to avoid costly and time-consuming re-sharpening of knives.It also has an effective debris and dust management system.
Applications: When to use a DW734 vs. DW735
DEWALT DW734 or as one may say DW734 it is a 15 Amp 12-1/2-Inch Bench top Planer mainly used for Used for Woodworking, Planers-Bench top.
This planer makes it easy to create clean, custom stock, with the assistance of its extra long feed table for material support and accurately deep adjustment.
One can create custom stock with the thickness planer's 10,000 rpm three-knife cutter head.
The DEWALT DW735 Versatile planer cuts a wide range of hardwoods.
They also make creating custom materials easier, which makes getting great results easier and quicker.
DW735 handles a wide range of tough hardwoods, and its three-knife cutter head spins at 10,000 RPM to provide 96 cuts per inch.
Both the planers can be used in beginner woodworking projects, as well as in professional woodwork.
Advantages - DW734 vs. DW735 a Brief Discussion
- Powerful 15 Amp Motor for Clean Cuts-the 15 Amp motor of this planer can perform clean cuts and the two-speed gear box of this planer delivers 96 and in some specialized versions up to 1709 cuts per inch. The 96 cpi is used when dimensioning material and 179 cpi is used for a finer finish.
- Reversible, Disposable Knives for Convenience: The DEWALT DW735 uses razor sharp knives that are reversible as well as disposable. These knives last 30 percent longer than traditional disposable knives making the process cost-effective.The fast easy and one-tool knife change helps one to quickly locate the fresh knife and refasten the knife clamp.
- Large Capacity and Easy, Accurate Depth Adjustment: the extra-long infeed and outfeed tables provide 33-1/2 inches of material support, the turret depth stop saves time when setting the machine at commonly used depths.
Along with the material-removal gauge and extra-large thickness scale, it helps to ensure that every pass is accurately done.Even the four-column carriage lock drastically reduces the movement that causes material damage, or snipe. This sturdy structured planer weighs 90 pounds, offering:
- A maximum cut depth of 1/8 inch
- A depth capacity of 6 inches
- A width capacity of 13 inches.
- Fan-Assisted Chip Ejection for Dust Management: The DW735 modeled planer features a Fan-Assisted Chip Ejection System with a motorized fan that breaks down debris as it leaves the cutter head and blows it into one of the two dust shrouds included in the package.
One shroud disperses the chips down onto the shop floor while the other provides a connection for a vacuum hose or dust-collector hose at the same time.
- Powerful 15 Amp Motor for Clean Cuts-The 15 Amp motor of the DW734 planer can perform clean cuts and the two-speed gear box of this planer deliver 96 cpi and in some specialized versions up to 1709 cuts per inch, the 96 cpi is used when dimensioning material and 179 cpi is used for a finer finish.
- Reversible, Disposable Knives for Convenience: The DEWALT DW735 uses razor sharp knives that are reversible as well as disposable. These knives last 30 percent longer than traditional disposable knives making the process cost effective.The fast, easy and one-tool knife change helps one to quickly locate the fresh knife and refasten the knife clamp.
- Large Capacity and Easy, Accurate Depth Adjustment: The extra-long infeed and outfeed tables provide 33-1/2 inches of material support, the turret depth stop saves time when setting the machine at commonly used depths.
Along with the material-removal gauge and extra-large thickness scale, it helps to ensure that every pass is accurately done.Even the four-column carriage lock drastically reduces the movement that causes material damage, or snipe. This sturdy structured planer weighs 80 pounds, offering:
- A maximum cut depth of 1/8 inch
- A depth capacity of 6 inches
- A width capacity of 12 and a half inch
- Effective Dust and Debris Management: The DW734 planer includes a dust hood that attaches to a shop vacuum or a standing dust collector (for efficient collection of chips and debris, thus keeping the workshop as well as the machine mess-free).
Customers find the finish on the boards fabulous in the DW734 product. It is the result of the 30,000 cut per minute feature as mentioned by some. The dust hood is very effective and useful and the rolling tables for the infeed and outfeed have little or no snipe.
The Chip exhaust remains an irritation in the case of DW734. Customers find the DW 735 planer to perform great, giving a nice finish to the wood (hard or soft). Some also say that adjusting between the two speeds works great if instructions would have been followed.
Some term this tool to be the best investment by them, for their workshop.Some as we have gone through all of it, go ahead and make a choice keeping in mind the weight of the product, the price as well as other features.